Thursday, December 5, 2013

So THAT'S why!

  So today was a sick day for Roxy :( I knew it was coming...Ana and Dallas had already went through their bout of the annual cold during the Thanksgiving break- Today it finally hit Roxy. 3 down.....Thankfully it's not a long lasting or severe bug.

So the morning was changed to a day full of game playing and blanket snuggling. Roxy and I battled each other with Hamster Ball
Where you are literally a hamster in a ball, running a maze to a time clock. I died- A LOT! But it was good for lots of laughs- and that's the best medicine anyone could ask for :)
*even Snowbell and Ariya (our new baby kitten) joined in our lounging LOL*

Then in the afternoon we attempted the holiday decorating. 


WHY!?!? What in the world could POSSIBLY happen in a box that makes lights just "die" EVERY SINGLE YEAR!!!
I don't think I have had a year in my entire life that there wasn't magically dead lights that weren't dead before! 

At least the indoor stuff is done *whew* Now to play magician overnight and see what I can make happen with all these half lit strands LOL. 

The question and responses from yesterday sparked me to go digging on the 'date of Christmas'
Technically- Both Johny and I are in fact right :) 
Scandanavians do in fact celebrate Christmas on the 24th ....
WAY back in the day apparently the day changed over during a different hour. When the change was made to how we honor the hours/days now, they kept the Christmas timing the same. 
So for them, Christmas happens after 3 pm on the 24th.

As for the Advent countdown confusion, I still haven't a clue! LOL. I know I recap the day prior, but post the gift for the day of. So, you get the 5th gift on the 5th (my time frame) just the muse from the day before. It's the only way I could figure doing it....but your technically supposed to pop open the gift that night?
WHO KNOWS!! I know THIS much- It's lots of fun getting stuff to lead up to the big day ;)

With 20 days until the holiday..... 

Sorry this gift has been opened

Please note - each day's download will remain valid for 24 hours.
*With exceptions when noted*
  Today's gift will be up Until December 5th 11:59 pm EST
 After that point, it will be revealed, placed in the shop and a new gift will be given. 

For those that missed yesterday's gift, here is what was hiding inside!

 It is now in the shop for just $1.

http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/Back-2-Basics-Paper-Pack.html

Tomorrow it's LOTS of crafting, band practice, finish decorating and hopefully some gift wrapping too. Crossing fingers it all gets done :)
Much Love and Hugs until tomorrow!

9 comments:

Rylea said...

Thank You for this one and yesterdays.....I was way too busy finishing up my Christmas gift. The Internet guy who came to check on my stuff shook his head and was amazed that someone still made gifts from scratch AND from digital supplies. Pretty easy when you have a designer with quality materials to play with. Luv my Angelgirl. Hugs to Roxie and hope she gets well soon.

Shuckclod said...

Thank you Liz for day 5... Sorry Roxy is sick. The game sounds like fun. Have a great Thursday.

Crystalnva said...

Thank You ;~} for todays DL..Hope Roxy feels better soon ..LOL sorry `bout the lights we JUST buy extra every year no matter what their cheap and we are smart...lol

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the gifts! I hope Roxy feels better!

Anonymous said...

i buy new lights every year at day-after sales. sending healthy vibes and THANKS for the great freebies.

Nancy said...

Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much!!

Betty

Dawn said...

Thank you!!Hope she feels better soon!

Stacey said...

thanks for another awesome gift! I hear you on the lights - have to buy 3 new hedge ones for outside - didn't decorate inside, but outside is down, figured inside I can do 24hrs a day - too dang cold to decorate outside except while the sun is shining!