Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Red First and What day is it?

Today it was non stop on the move. I actually like these kind of days for the fact that time goes by fast, but in the same breath I hate them, because time goes by SO FAST! lol. 

I was fortunate however, to spend it with some of my most cherished people. 
I skyped with Johny (my amazing friend from Denmark of which I'd be lost without) which resulted in a MAJOR laugh fit in my kitchen.....




AND Confusion!!
So as I'm explaining to him the advent event here.....he tells me that Christmas is really on the 24th and NOT the 25th?! That I've been living a lie, and my countdown is all wrong. BUT that at least the whole advent thing happens world wide.
SAY WHAT?!?!
So I now sit in confusion as to which day is REALLY the holiday- Which one day do you know it to be?

Anyways!! After massive confusion- Jake (my other amazing friend and guitarist) comes by and we go to tackle the task of fixing dad's car. I asked him to supervise, and be there to help with the belt ;) We get it without a hitch- almost. I mean I got the battery out, alternator switched etc all with little problems. SWEET! This was cake I think. 
Until I go put the battery back in. Black wire first.....ground always first - then the red 
HOLY MOTHER OF #@($*%&(*#$& 

*No pictures here- sorry I too was busy whining*

OH yes, that bad boy shocked me so hard I tasted metal in my mouth for at least an hour! 
Yeah, Jake thought it was pretty funny too. Me not so much.
The kicker to it, the battery is done for, so the car still isn't running just yet and will be on my list again tomorrow. At least THIS time I know to go red first, then black. I'll be darned if I get shocked like that again! 

So after the fiasco of car fixings and shockings- We (me and dad) took the girls around on their paper routes. We ended up with my nephew for a bit too which was an awesome treat. We went to town for some shopping and dinner (Momma wasn't cooking after smelling like a grease monkey LOL) And afterwards went looking at some pretty Christmas lights - including a little bit of the courthouse. 

*It makes up for the fact that I manage to let my own decorating fall of the daily list- Tomorrow it's a top priority dang it! I want pretty lights and tinsely things at my house!! lol*

Now I'm off to a much needed cleaning and sleep.
But of course I leave behind a present for you ;) Hope you enjoy!

With 21/20 days until the holiday..... 

http://bit.ly/1hx97Cz

sorry this gift has been opened

Please note - each day's download will remain valid for 24 hours.
*With exceptions when noted*
  Today's gift will be up Until December 4th 11:59 pm EST
 After that point, it will be revealed, placed in the shop and a new gift will be given. 

For those that missed yesterday's gift, here is what was hiding inside!

 It is now in the shop for just $1.


  http://www.thedigichick.com/shop/Back-2-Basics-Alpha-Set.html


Much Love and Hugs until tomorrow!

9 comments:

Scrumptious said...

Thanks for all the fantastic goodies! If you're asking about when Christmas is officially celebrated, it's definitely the 25th. I often think of it as the 24th because that's Christmas Eve, generally the start of all the festivities, but the big day is the 25th. :)

Shuckclod said...

Thank you Liz for day 4 (21). You might get a white stripe in your hair from you jolt. Be careful, I leave anything electrical to my DH. Have a great night.

Crystalnva said...

THANK YOU ;~} bunches...

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for a wonderful gift!

Betty

Rachel Alford said...

Loved the Alpha. Thank you. Can't wait to open what you've left for today. Thanks for being so talented and generous. Red then black - I want to remember that!!! About the Avent, do we celebrate the night or the day after? I'm super confused too. Oh well.

Dawn said...

Thank you and Christmas is definitely celebrated on the 25th in the UK :)I do love all the scandinavian traditions and stories - I've got 2 large tomte decorating my hearth this year :)

Anonymous said...

you are so kind... thanks for the treats
love reading your stories too - always make me smile

Stacey said...

thanks for another fabulous gift! sorry about the battery and you getting a major shock. Here you on the decorating - drug the boxes out today, but sooooo much to go.

Nancy said...

Thank you!!