Tuesday, December 17, 2013

8 days to go!

Tonight, I hope you don't mind.....but I want to get a little spiritual, mushy and personal. 
As today, I was touched greatly in many ways : of the graciousness of people, and the ways of karma and how it works out.

In the beginning of the year I choose a word to live 2013 by. 
SHINE

For those that know me personally, and followed along my blog of domestic troubles that I had a while back- You know that it hasn't exactly been the smoothest road.  To be frank, my life had become a REALLY bad dirt road with lots of holes and bumps.  Without going into long drawn out detail- I made a huge change this year and did a LARGE cleanup in my families circle. I pulled myself away from a lot of things and went into a new frame of mind - I only pushed toward things that would bring pure joy into our lives.

We've focused on ways to put back into the community- into those that appreciate what we can and will do. Once I took on this frame of mind, and we did what we could to fill a need to an appreciative heart, we found our needs starting to fill. In this weird way, making ourselves available to a need-we've found what we needed. 
What I have found in the gifts both given and received this year:
It's not charity by definition, it is love coming in and a blessing to help your life smooth out the potholes.
It's the universe, god, (please put your belief in here) giving you a sign you are going in the right direction. It's a hand up the hills and bridge over the gaps. 
It is a glorious light shining in a dark spot. 

We give out cards, I do this event every year, we buy gifts for secret santa for the JOY of the season. 
My heart swells and my eyes smile knowing that just MAYBE what we are doing is going to bring someone else the same blessing of love to shine a little light. The same kind of smile and excited feeling my kids had when getting gifts they wanted from a customer, The same happiness and emotional rush that came to me today when I received a large gift card to buy gifts with. The same love that reminds you that you're not alone, like I felt today when someone saw a need that we had and filled it.

I heard a quote today:
"A Nation can only be as strong as it's families"
And family is not by definition either, it is those that you choose to pull closer- the ones you take under your wing and you allow to take you under theirs. And it made me think of  bible verses I learned from my grandfather: 
Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: 8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
 
Now I know that it's a KJV quote, and might not be within your belief context. But I have learned from my past year- That in order to really REALLY Shine- love fully, give plenty and seek joy. 
Tonight I cry, tears of love and joy. Our Christmas season has truly become a merry and BRIGHT one.  Thank you so much for being a part of it with us, and helping bring me joy each night.

With Only 8 Days left until Christmas.....

Please note - each day's download will remain valid for 24 hours.
*With exceptions when noted*
  Today's gift will be up Until December 17th 11:59 pm EST
 After that point, it will be revealed, placed in the shop and a new gift will be given.

For those that missed yesterday's gift, it will be revealed after today's gift expires.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Much Love and Hugs!!

12 comments:

Rylea said...

That's incredible....so happy someone blessed you richly...for you have given more as much with your generous heart and continuous giving. Bless you and those who have the ability to give....true joy truly does come from giving to others. Thank You for sharing this story...and quote G'pas verses.

Shuckclod said...

Thank you Liz. I am glad you are shining :) People that bring you down do not deserve you. You will become more wise as you get older and older. You are also raising wonderful and caring children that everyone will thank you for.

Lori T. said...

Thank you! And way to SHINE! :-)

Crystalnva said...

THANK YOU ;~} bunches...

Dawn said...

Thank you for the download and I am glad you feel the year has made you stronger and changes were good for you. The bible quote has been one of my favourite since I was about 10 years old I think - I always see the Holman Hunt painting in my head when I think of it too http://preraphaelitepaintings.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/william-holman-hunt-versions-of-light.html

Suzanne said...

Liz, way to rise above! I'm so proud of you!! And thank you so much for all of your generous gifts throughout the Christmas season. I don't know how you accomplish all that you do...but know that you absolutely do bring joy to others through your gifts. And keep singing, girl. That is a gift in itself! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for a very touching posting - you are truly blest.

Thanks for another wonderful gift.

Betty

Nancy said...

Thank you so much for your generosity - not only for your scrapping gifts that you give so freely to all of us, but also for sharing your daily family life. Wishing you and yours a blessed holiday season!

nancypinct said...

That was beautiful. I am so happy for you and your family. Keep up the good work. Thank you for all of these wonderful
Christmas gifts you have given to me. You are very generous!! Merry Christmas!

Grá O'Neill said...

Thank you :)

Debbie Giomi said...

thank you so much for the wonderful gifts and your moving story. It's easy to forget to help others, when you're rushing around.

Stacey said...

thank you so much for the awesome gift! Love how you've turned your life around. So inspiring.