Monday, December 23, 2013

2 more sleeps!

So I think back on the debate on which day Christmas falls on- earlier this month. Technically I have exactly 2 sleeps til it all starts here - So either way you look at it, it falls on both those days LOL. 
Today, it was busy and awesome. Lots accomplished and just so glad to lay my head down tonight knowing I GET TO SLEEP IN TOMORROW!! lol. 
After morning papers, Dad and I went into town to grab up some chocolate milk and pop. Well, I took the opportunity to go ahead and finish grabbing up the items remaining on the list for dinner *Check* then on the way back, we stopped off to look at something real quick and I ended up convincing to grab up some of his Christmas shopping! *check* - If you've followed before- you know well enough that Dad is usually the LAST hours of a store being opened on Christmas Eve (Last year we were in Kmart when it hit midnight LOL)
So to have people checked off the list is HUGE :D 
Then we got the wall papering finished and the rest of the decorations up. I have come to a conclusion tonight however, the bottom half of every christmas tree dislikes me LOL. I blew out the lights on the dad's bottom (yep, just like I did my own earlier) So that got fixed up :) 
Baking *Check* Wrapping *Check* Seriously- I'm so excited, because yes- while I might have been busy and constantly going- It means that come the next few days- I can really sit down and enjoy the company of family without rushing around worrying about something being done :)
We started tonight with our light show. :) The kids absolutely love it and it was a nice reward to have pizza and christmas lights after all the hard work they have been doing to help me at dad's house. 
It's funny, because I became rather nostalgic tonight. I can remember as a young kid about Roxy's age - all of my family going over to the grandparents and doing something to help out. Those types of memories are ones that really stick with you for life.
Tomorrow me, the kids and dad are going to finish up his shopping in the morning. Then after papers I think I'm calling a family game night. We need it, one day of  nothing but fun and play. 
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!  
With Only 2 Days left until Christmas.....




sorry this has expired

Please note - each day's download will remain valid for 24 hours.
*With exceptions when noted*
  Today's gift will be up Until December 23rd 11:59 pm EST
 After that point, it will be revealed, placed in the shop and a new gift will be given.
For those that missed yesterday's gift,it will be revealed after today's expires.

8 comments:

Shuckclod said...

I bet the kids are so excited :) We don't here. since I have none. We usually go to the Bay Area, but my Uncle is real sick so it is cancelled this year. That is okay, I can do without the 2 hour drive. Thank you for another days gifts. Have a great x-mas eve.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!!! Definitely feels great when you can check off completed things!!

Dawn said...

Thank you. It is horrid here - storms with lashing rain and my reindeer keep falling over! Most people have turned lights off. Sure hope it passes tonight for the carol singing on the village green tomorrow!!

LilGray said...

Merry Christmas! and thank you so much for all of your great gifts to us... I just wanted to let you know that the link for todays gift seems to be for a gift we got earlier this month (I think it was last week)... I appreciate that you've given us aton of gifts so I'm not too worried about it but sometimes the gifts coordinate so I wanted to give you a heads up in case todays gift is supposed to coordinate with yesterday or tomorrow's gift... Thank you again for all the great gifts! You have been incredibly generous this year (same as last year) and I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year!

Stacey said...

thanks so much for the awesome gifts! Glad you got some shopping done for your dad! Nothing like waiting till 12am on Christmas Day to finish - LOL - My bottom lights went out too - half the strand and I can't figure out why - and not going to now - LOL

biche57 said...

hello )))) thank for all your presents !!
but I'm the same result than LilGray,the gift is the same than yesterday oupssssssssssss
have a good day ))

Julie P. (babyofmine) said...

Hi! I just tried to download today's gift, but it says it's the same as yesterday's. Is it an add-on?

jls said...

Great Grand Finale.
I thank you so much for your VERY generous Christmas gift. I can't wait to try out a couple of these kits in my scrapbooking.
I hope your generosity comes back to you in a million ways.
Jennifer