Monday, December 2, 2013

2 Down, Yup it's Christmas time!

Today I walked around in a turkey induced coma it feels. Yesterday I attended my friend's family dinner and of course his mom wouldn't let me leave without leftovers :) Oh yes, I did in fact pig out on those today! It was delicious and WELL worth the 'ugging and ohhhing' about afterwards. 
*Perfect excuse for the comfy pants too*

Today the kids and I did the 'winter cleaning' to get things ready for decorating. I cheated this year, and of course today I had to get the pay back for doing so. 
Usually we don't put the tree up until right after Thanksgiving, however, I thought I would be smart and get it done before all the bouncing to family madness started. So, we decorated it in all it's beautiful red, silver and white glory. It was BEAUTIFUL! 

Was- because of COURSE I woke up today to a half lit tree and half the ornaments knocked off. The entire bottom strand of lights blew overnight, which reminded me of this very problem I had before. 
This year however, I have a wonderful new stray kitten to point a finger at. (NO! Before you say it, my house is NOT a zoo....completely ;) She makes fur baby number 5- I had to even up the pets to the kids you know :)

So anyways, we UNdecorated the tree today and will be doing it all over again tomorrow with new lights. 
*Anyone invented those never burning out kind yet?*

I'll get to the gift giving now, get back to my turkey coma and get ready for a full day of holiday decorating tomorrow.
*I'll post pics with tomorrow, there is this part of me that wants to blame the turkey on my lack of photo uploading and editting too....but it's really just that I have been putting it off since my card is packed full of pictures waiting for me to do something with them LOL*

With 23 days until the holiday.....


SORRY THIS GIFT HAS BEEN OPENED


Please each day's download will remain valid for 24 hours.
*With exceptions when noted*
  Today's gift will be up Until December 2nd 11:59 pm EST
 After that point, it will be revealed, placed in the shop and a new gift will be given. 

For those that missed yesterday's gift, it is still available in the previous post. 

I'm so glad to see so many joining again this year from the ones past. I can't wait to be sharing stories about our families again this year- Let's make it a holiday to definitely remember ;)
Much Love and Hugs until tomorrow!

9 comments:

Rylea said...

Thank You for this gift. yesterdays was beautiful...and can't wait to see what this one is gonna be.

Shuckclod said...

Day 24 was great, thank you for 23...

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Thank-you :)

Robinsismai said...

Thanks Liz! I love reading about your adventures!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for a wonderful gift!
Sorry to hear about your Christmas tree.

Betty

zotova said...

Thanks

Tanya/TiggerRD said...

Oh, what adventures! Makes for great memories though - and something to laugh about later.

Thanks for the gifts!

JeannieK said...

Love the day's dl! Thank you! For 12 years, we never decorated the bottom 3 feet of our tree since our poodle thought the balls were intended for her to play with and she knew how to pull them off, even if it meant jumping onto the nearby chair to reach higher! Good luck with the stray kitty!

Stacey said...

thanks so much for todays awesome gift. I got lucky with my furbabies - my cat was to fat and never jumped and my dog is good and doesn't bother the tree - unlike my inlaws they had to have fake or the dog would pee on it - LOL