Thursday, December 27, 2012

Oh the carnage!!

Today my gutter, the living room, the kid's room and my stomach were tore to pieces!!

I woke up to the sky spitting ice and snow covering the ground. While playing this afternoon, there was a nice CRASH outside. That noise was sparked by gutters coming off the house from all the ice and heavy snow. 0.o

Outside of moving the spouting to the side of the house, and taking Bells out, we did a "lounge-around-do-what-you-want" kind of day. We had to play with all the new toys right?? So we did....... in our PJs.....ALL day  LMAO

Whenever someone got hungry, we just went in and picked over the leftovers. And MAN - did we all ever pig out LMAO. I usually keep the schedule of a breakfast, snack, lunch and dinner time specific with nothing in-between there- but today, I figured what the heck right? I mean.....the turkey WAS delicious, and so was the cookies....and the cupcakes :)
My stomach is telling me NOW that I should have called it quits on the turkey and sweets a LOT sooner , but man it was just too good! And it made the kids SUPER happy to have free range on the cookies today hahahahaha

Since I had a nice turkey/Christmas exhaustion induced coma last night....I am now 2 days behind schedule 0.o So let's get to it shall we!!

*I used the prior post to recap my personal Christmas for those that follow along for more than just the goodies :)*
Day 1 and 2 are here tonight,
tomorrow's post will contain days 3 and 4.

On the 1st and 2nd day of Christmas....
I bring to you.........
~*~This link has expired~*~

~*~This link has expired~*~



Please note, the downloads are only available for 24 hours. 
These links will expire on December 27th at 11: 59 pm EST
At that point they will be revealed and placed into the shop. 

I am going back to a turkey coma....and hopefully waking to loads more white stuff :)
It really is beautiful and we plan on taking the kiddos sled riding tomorrow.
It seems like a LOT of people got a present from Mother Nature for the holidays.....How's the weather for you?

Much Love!!

19 comments:

mnJenL said...

there was lots of toy playing around here yesterday and today. Though mommy did lots of scrapping today. :) Did you know that the second download link is a 404??

Arlene said...

Aw, too bad about the gutters, but all in all it sounds like a pretty darn good day. We're getting a ton of the white stuff today too (and it's supposed to continue all night). Other than taking our dog for a walk in the snow (oh man it was bitterly cold and windy), we had a quiet day too (and still have lots of food leftover. It's never ending, lol.)

Thanks for the Day 1 download. The link for Day 2 doesn't seem to be working. "The requested URL /Advent/SDS_AsWeKnowIt_QP.zip was not found on this server."

I totally forgot you said you were giving out more goodies. I think I'm still in somewhat of a turkey coma too, haha. Hugs to Bell.

Marilyn Glasser said...

Thank you so much for all the freebies during this holiday season. I'm really surprised you had the time to post during this last week. I am looking forward to these new freebies. Just letting you know the second download doesn't work. Hope things get fixed concerning your gutters, nasty things when they don't work right. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Liz! Nothing could be better then a true family holiday, mishaps and all, LOL. Love the family photo moments and memories. I hope you'll scrap your words in these two posts with those photos. They really embrace the memory of this holiday.
Thank you for your gifts to us this December, and for the gifts to come over the next week.
We here Wish You and Yours a Safe and Happy Holiday and All the Best in the New Year.
Much Love
Pat

Becs said...

Thank you so much!! We have snow and more snow, it's snowing now. But it's not too cold so I can't complain.

Stacey said...

thank you so much for the awesome gifts! pretty stuffed full here too, but we have had no snow - bummers for us! Lucky you! enjoy it!

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for the downloads. I hope the gutters don't cost you too much to replace...

poki said...

It snowed as we were leaving Dallas - first time I've ever seen snow on Christmas day - but there was none at home (about 160 miles south of Dallas!) Just wet and COLD - 21 yesterday morning, but I didn't get out yesterday! Spent all day in bed! I think I'm caught up on sleep now!

Yez said...

Sorry to hear about your gutters, hope the cost to replace them is not much. I bet the kids had a blast with the free range on the cookies, I would too lol It has been very cold here and finally got some snow yesterday. Thanks for the beautiful gifts.

JeannieK said...

Glad to hear you have a great sense of humor to deal with gutters and chaos! It does help keep one sane! Amazes me how long it really takes to wrap gifts - I tend to think, oh that's easy! NOT! Took me 45 mins to bag up some goodies for a friend. Maybe I'd get faster if everything was out in plain sight and had 50+ presents to wrap. nah, probably not. Thanks for Day 1 and 2! Enjoy the holidays.

Leza Krouwel said...

I have no idea where my comment went so this may be a double sorry..

I would love to see snow on Christmas in the UK we had heavy rain and flooding. You have reminded me though we need to clear our gutters before the snow hits usually about march lol

I am not surprised your late with the post I could bearly move from the sofa let alone post anything.

I wanted to say that of all the downloads I have done over Christmas yours are by far the most generous and the best everyone has been a delight and I can't wait to play and make some layouts....

And if your ever thinking of adopting I may be 45 but I am available because your house sounds like so much fun :D :D

Rylea said...

We are back...long trip....over a 1,000 miles round trip (bad roads to and from)but so worth it to see my baby and her family and to see her little one open gifts ...family is the best. your pup is so adorable. And that one photo simply melted my heart. I think I managed to get all the DL's up to date. Ug on your gutters.....happy it was all. Snowed all the time we was gone...got loads piling up but sun is out today and thinking I might wander if time allows to capture some photo's. So happy Christmas was the bomb and a day to do whatever with food? I wanna be at your house. Snacking is a time to give mom a break and free range makes the kids feel incredible. XOXOX

Tammy said...

We've considered moving someplace where it snows, but being born & raised in So Cal, I wouldn't know what to do if something like that happened to us! ;) I wouldn't even know how to drive in the snow!! Yep... CA wimp! I'm so glad you have a sense of humor about it :) We had the same kind of day on Christmas - everyone was on their own (and loved it!). Thank you so much for another amazing gift!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the mess the storm created.

Thanks for more wonderful goodies!

Betty

Chris said...

Thank You for the Lovely Downloads!
I am Glad You've all had such an Enjoyable Holiday!

teresaj said...

I love lazy lounging days they are the best. Glad you had a good Christmas and hope you get to feeling better. Thanks for the gifts.

Deb Burroughs said...

Thanks for the goodies! What a pain in the rear about the gutters... We got 4in of snow on top of freezing rain, so it was a mess here the day after Christmas. I wonder how the after-Christmas shoppers managed when they were saying no travel unless absolutely necessary?

shawnyrvr said...

What an eventful day y'all had! Sorry about the tummy ache. I always do that around the holidays too. My entire family of 6 siblings and my hubby's 6 siblings ALL got snow except us. :( sorry it turned into work for you later (repairing the gutters) instead of all fun though. Thanks fro sharing the links again I missed in the very beginning of the month. You are so generous. Blessings & Happy New Years!

Meleah said...

Bummer! I came last night to get the downloads and the second link wasn't working, and now it is expired. :(