This tutorial will cover the basic steps to the card album assembly. The sizing and steps will vary depending on the size of card you choose for your album, and the type of card fold outs you would like to do.
Below you will find the video tutorial, followed by the step by step written instructions.
Adhesive/Scissors/Design you choose to work with
set of 8 greeting cards and their matching envelopes
2 4x6 RULED index cards
chipboard or cardboard
1. Seal your envelopes with your adhesive - going end to end
2. Trim off 1/8th of an inch on opposites sides on each envelope. You can do this either the top and bottom portions, OR the left and right. Whichever you prefer- however make sure each envelope is trimmed the same way.
3. Trim off the top of your index cards (at the pink margin line) Next create a crease/fold exactly 2 blue lines down from your trimmed edge. Then you will create another at exactly one more line down, and then trim at two more lines down. This will then give you a piece tri-folded at 1/2 inch, 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch.
4. Fold another piece of the index card going 2 lines down, then 3 lines down, and then 2 lines down. This will then give you a piece that is 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch and 1/2 inch.
5. With the other index card trim the pink margin. Fold at 2 blue lines down, 5 blue lines down and then cut at another 2 down. This shall give you a piece that is 1/2 inch, 1 1/4 inch and 1/2 inch.
6. Now stack the three folded index card pieces on top of one another so that the biggest is on the outside- going with the smallest on the inside. Use your blue lines of the index card to place your middle folds directly in the middle of the other.
7. Now adhere an envelope to each of the flaps created, but sliding the flap into the opened section you created on your envelope. This will use 6 of your envelopes.
8. Take your greeting cards and then slip just one side into the open end of your envelopes. This will create a flap for each page. This will also turn your once 6 page album into 36 pages.
9. Decorate each page and card as you wish.
10. Cut 2 pieces of chipboard/cardboard exactly one half inch longer and wider than your envelopes. And cut one 1/2 inch longer than your envelops, and 2 inches wide.
11. Cover these pieces for your front and back covers and adhere your index card binding to the 2 inch wide piece.
12. Use paper/fabric/ribbon to attach the cover pieces to the binding piece.
13. *Optional* Use your remaining 2 envelops and adhere them to the inside covers to create additonal pockets, and cover any messy paper/fabric piecing.
14. *Optional but recommended* Use your mod podge on your covers and pages to seal your project.
Hope this has helped inspire you and you enjoy creating your own! If you have any questions or get stuck- Feel free to shoot me a message and I would be more than happy to help