Sunday, December 9, 2012

9 days down!

Despite the drizzling today, Christmas decorations outside are at least halfway up. And we did manage to do our shopping for the toy drives here. I tried to work with my butterhorns, but the dough just wasn't staying cold enough- long enough :( So I threw two big glass plates in there in hopes to help out with the work tomorrow Now it's a nice quiet evening to finish off some craft projects. Three out of five isn't bad.

Thank you all for sharing your holiday wishes with me. 
It is amazing how varied the responses were, but in the end it all boiled down to one thing- Happiness, togetherness, getting along with everything falling in place and peace. I think that is most definitely achievable for all and will keep you all in my thoughts for my holiday wishes as well :) 

It goes "As it is written, so it shall be" 

And Dawn- I am not Santa- Nor by any means an expert cook. BUT I have a tried and true method to making a delicious juicy turkey that I happened on by mistake a couple years back- SO Maybe it can help you? But, I stuff my turkey with a half a stick of butter in the middle of my dressing then put it in the oven upside down for the first half of cook time and then flip it midway. Only 20 minutes per lb. It's a pain in the butt to flip it, but I haven't had a dry or even close to dry turkey since doing it this way. So Crossing fingers yours is lovely!

And because I felt like gifting once again to someone special I did another random drawing, this time for a $25 gift card to my shop. 

So Congrats to Yez!

I am by no means what you are deeply wishing for this holiday, but I hope I can at least help get your luck turned in the right direction today. 
Please email me at sweetdigiscraps (at) yahoo (dot) com
 with the subject : Blog Win
and I will get you your gift 
 
 

Now what you all are waiting for. Today's gift is for my hybrid and paper crafters. It's the Christmas blitz download to help you create your last minute handmade gifts.

With 9 Days down and only 16 to go: 


Please note this download will remain valid for 24 hours.
 Until December 9th 11:59 pm EST
 At that point, it will be revealed, placed in the shop and a new gift will be given. 

And for those that missed yesterday's gift- Here is what was hiding inside: 

It is now available in my shop for just $1.
*Please note* Gifts 1-7 that are currently in my shop will revert to full price on Monday Dec. 10th

I will be posting a video tutorial on how to assemble all the items in today's gift AS WELL As a few other quick Christmas blitz ideas to help those in a crunch to turn out some amazing gifts for the holidays.

In the meantime- What is the best handmade gift you have ever created OR what is the best handmade gift you have ever been given?
Much Love!

32 comments:

Molly Harbridge said...

Liz, you're amazing!

Tammy said...

Hmmm...tough question today...I've made bunches of handmade gifts over the years! One fun one was to turn a bottle of champagne into an angel - it was very cute!
Thank you so much for today's gift :)

Becs said...

Hmm I had a couple. I paper scrapped an album for my mother in law. And one year I created tile coasters for the teachers at my boys school, nothing amazing but the staff loved them.

Thank you for Day 9.

Anonymous said...

The best gift I ever made was a digital photo album capturing the year's events for my mother - she loved it! Sadly, she is no longer with us.

Thank you for the wonderful gifts - I really enjoy projects like these (also helps me use up my large cache of paper supplies from my paper scrapbooking days).

Betty

Shuckclod said...

Thank you for day 9 liz. I cross stitch and when they get their gift they are amazed at how beautiful and time consuming it is. I only make them for special ones in my life. I have lots of things from others that I cherish.

Scrumptious said...

Thank you for the generous extravaganza of alphas!!

Some of the best gifts I've ever received were art from my former partner. He spent months one time when we were living apart making a collage mosaic of his hand in my hair, a picture made up of tiny squares of colored magazine cutout paper.

When I was a kid I a couple of times I made paper dolls for my mom that were of her. I'd make a doll of her and then draw and cut out clothes for the doll, some real clothes that she loved or wore all the time, and some fantasy costumes. She seemed to love them and I certainly loved making them.

Mary M. said...

I hand make my cards and they are appreciated. I was given a pin made by my niece that was just beautiful.

marsie55 said...

Hi, thank you for today's gift; and I love the alpha from yesterday. I made a photo book for my nephew of the first 4 years of his son's lives, and also gave him his cot quilt that I had kept for 37 years .. both were quite a hit :)

cheryl said...

These daily downloads are so awesome! Yesterday's alpha was really sweet! Thank you very much!!

Nancy said...

Your dailies are so wonderful - thank you for your generousity! My favorite handmade gift was many many years ago when I made mini cross-stitch Disney character stockings for my aunt of her 9 grandchildren. She loved them and put them out year after year!

Anonymous said...

About 20 some yrs ago for all the women I had made sweatshirt quilted jackets & for family lil girls I made huge floppy earred rabbits .Everything turned out so pretty that when I was wrapping them all as gifts it was like a child leaving the nest...lol crazy how ya can get so close to something you put your everything into...Hand made with love last longer I still have my 1st trial & error floppy earred bunny her name is Molly ;~}

Holly and little people said...

Um, I think the best given to me was this huge afghan my sister made for me the first Christmas I was married, it still sits on my couch.
Thanks so much for the gifts!

KandiceD said...

I think my best hand made gift was a foil and string foil and string decorated jar that I made my mother....I must have been 6....She still uses it today. LOL

Thank you so mucg for another wonderful gift!

Anonymous said...

lol forgot to say THANK YOU ;~} for todays great dl
Im the anonymous from above...
from crystalnva

Christine said...

I make all of my own cards, some digital, some are hybrid and this year I made matching bookmarks for some of the female members of my family and friends. All much appreciated. My daughter does beautiful cross stitch and bead work and I have several items she has made for me which I treasure very much.

Thank you for todays wonderful assortment of goodies, they are also very much appreciated.

Lana said...

Love it, thank you so much!

poki said...

We'll all have enough stuff to craft Christmas all year in 2013! Thanks so much!

TR said...

Yesterday's alphabets were amazing! Thanks so much! And thanks again for today's gift. The best home made gift I received was an ornament and key chain from my niece with photos of her in them. I keep them where I can see them year round.

Dawn said...

Thank you so much for today's download and for the turkey advice - I ordered one today from a local turkey farmer. They are currently running aorund the farm all happy and unknowing!

Best gift I ever made?? I was really pleased with a knitted shawl I did for my mother-in-law, beautiful hand-dyed yarn and a lovely lace pattern that formed a big diamond across the width of the shawl.

Best recieved is harder - I make cards (stamping mainly) and teach primary science. the kids know I love my crafts and we often incorporate stuff - like friendly melting plastic - into the lessons. One year my advanced science class (12 kids)each made me a christmas card which was so touching - not only that they had made them but that they had organised themselves to all do it!! Still have them alll in the attic :)

teresaj said...

Wow the turkey recipe sounds awesome I may have to try it. The best homemade gifts I ever created was recipe books made of recipes handed down through the generations. I love cooking kits because everytime I find a recipe I make a new page for my recipe book. I do them 8x8 and print them. That's why I love Pinterest so much, awesome recipes. I still need to get my tree up. Haven't decorated at all. Thanks for todays lovely download.

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Thanks for the great boxes :)

Judith Richards Shubert said...

Thanks so much for your generosity and sharing your talent!!
Judy

Suzi said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful gifts!

Laurie said...

Your gifts are truly amazing. Thank you so much!

Judy said...

Thank you!

Deb Burroughs said...

Thanks for the gift! The best handmade gift I have ever given was a framed 12X12 scrapbook page that I gave to my parents. It had photos of all of their kids and grandkids at the time. They still have it displayed in their home! It was a real pain to collect all the pictures, but worth in in the end...

JudyInTexas said...

First of all, thank you for the gifts! I look forward to using them.
I love birdhouses and angels,(I collect them both and at last count I had 102 birdhouses...lol)and one of my favorite handmade gifts was a hanging stuffed angel with vine wings holding a birdhouse. The angel's dress was made from some old material of my mom's that I had given the friend who made it for me.
I guess the most appreciated handmade gift I've ever made was when I made everything for a wedding..the invites, the candy bar wrappers, the scrolls, tags for the bubbles, etc.
So I truly appreciate the hybrid products given today! (Funny how I didn't even know what I was doing was called hybrid until a couple of years ago)

The Gala said...

Thank you so much for your terrific gifts!

amsangel said...

Thank you so much for all your lovely gifts to date! I have two handmade chart toppers... over 20 years ago my boss gave all us tour guides a macaroni angel - the body was a ziti tube I think, elbow arms, bow-tie wings and tiny round circles in a halo on it's wood bead head. Whew! my fingers hurt just thinking about putting that tiny stuff together!! The other is a clear "beaded" spider. The tree it came from was gloriously sparkly from being covered with them; a lot of work went into those too :)

Robinsismai said...

Thank you so much Liz!

Arlene said...

Oh dear. I almost missed this one. Thanks so much Liz. You are so talented and generous.

Yez said...

oh wow, thank you so much for your generosity! Maybe my luck will change in 2013...praying hard.