Wednesday, December 19, 2012

19 days down!

The morning started at 1 am today 0.o needless to say I am all tuckered out LOL

Dallas fell and put a nice little gash in his head and it threw his sleep for last night right out the door. And when the girls woke up, they reminded me it was "Holiday Dress Up" day at school. Why oh Why they couldn't tell me LAST night I have no clue....but it made for the hurry and rush around to change the entire outfit selection for the day- AND dig out the Santa hats. 


But it was worth it because they looked tooooo cute! *Including the grinch in the middle ;) HAHAHAHA

After they left I boxed up all my baked goodies for easy transportation for Christmas day. 

Then I began the online search. The coveted "My favorite" toy item that is just no where to be found. I had a powerwheel (the red jeep) Shannon as a kid and LOVED running over toes with it ;) LOL But much like you all, I loved LOVED my barbies, dresses and dolls but there was this ONE present that I couldn't get enough of. One year my grandpa bought me a Hershey Kiss bear. He was in a blue t-shirt and his nose had this "scratch and sniff" bit to it and it smelled SOOOOO good. I never asked for it, but it quickly became a favorite. I brought it up the other day to Joe, and he revealed his favorite toy as well. This impossible to find (and overly pricy) item that I REALLY wish there was a time machine available for me to go back and get it for him again LOL. 

This was added to my search for Dallas. He has been addicted to watching Godzilla on netflix. The old 70's cartoon version at that. And he has grown this huge love for "Godzookie" and wants one for Christmas. 
And here to think my troubles was going to be pricy items for the holidays....no it's looking for toys that stopped production YEARS ago 0.o
BOYS!!!! I tell ya LOL

Speaking of which Marsie- your story totally had me rolling it! HAHAHA- Just don't tell your hubby that I laughed at his expense too ;)

 
With 19 down and only 6 to go: 
~*~sorry this has been opened~*~
Please note this download will remain valid for 24 hours.
 Until December 19th 11:59 pm EST
 At that point, it will be revealed, placed in the shop and a new gift will be given. 

And for those that missed yesterday's gift- It was another teaser of my upcoming release: 
Winter Wonderland
coming December 20th

It will be included in Thursdays release.


I am going to go juggle knives I think Leza....I am much like you. Give me a bed of glass to walk on and I will find a way to be careful as all get out. But once you hand me a rubber ball, oven mit or piece of candy- I will find a million and one ways to get hurt! LMAO
   
I hope you don't mind my questions all the time- I just love to get you thinking about the memories in the past or the things that bring you joy :) It's what keeps my juices flowing during this crazy hectic time of year and hopefully it does for you. 

So today- What is your ONE thing you just can't do without for the holidays (besides family) 
For me it's going out on Christmas Eve and doing the candlelight drive and then going to see all the area displays with cookies and cocoa. 

Much Love!

22 comments:

Shuckclod said...

Thank you for day 19... I live in the sticks, so there are not a lot of things to go see. Town shuts down before 8pm. We always watch that DUMB movie, The Christmas Story. Stay in for the night and rest up.

Becs said...

Thank you so much for day 19!!

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for today's download...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for another neat gift!

Betty

Johna said...

I really, really love this gift!!! thank you so much for your generosity!

Arlene said...

Aww, poor Dallas. Sorry he hurt his head and you both had a sleepless night. The girls look adorable in their holiday dressup outfits. Your Christmas goodies look amazing. We also do a candlelight stroll every year in early December in our little historic town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. "Thousands of people gather and one by one the candles are lit from stranger to stranger, from loved one to loved one. The chorus of Alleluia sends a tingle up your spine. Then the stroll around Old Town viewing the beautifully decorated historic homes while passing a variety musical choirs, bell ringers, and the fife and drum band." And on Christmas Eve we also go for a drive to see the lights around town and in Niagara Falls. Christmas Eve ALWAYS ends with us watching A Christmas Carol with Alastair Sim, and eggnog. :) Thanks for sharing your stories and your gifts.

Crystalnva said...

First things first Thanks A Bunch :~} for dl today...
Sorry `bout Dallas putting gash on his head as always around my house when there`s lots of photo`s to be taken there`s ALWAYS a child w/facial markings ..Its inevitable!
To answer your question ( which I myself luv the questions)When EVERYTHINGS hectic crazy confusing & just down right mind cluttered. To where you can`t even think of just 1 thing at a time.All the family is here foods everywhere on ever flat surface located in the kitchen,kids running everywhere ,our 3 dogs & 3 cats can only take so much then they get to go hide our birds & fish well thats another story lol poor things....Well during that madness I stop listening and just look around to see all the smiles all the belly holding laughing all the elbow nodging my Dad does when he jokes about something and my Mom`s eyes rolling when Dad says something corky and of course great granny`s teeth losening up cause shes laughing so hard lol bless her heart she always says "Hey get back here" as she pushes them back in ..So that is my 1 thing I cant do without..This time startes for me Friday wow 2 more days ;~S ...

Crystalnva said...

LOL forgot to say I luv`d wearring a santa hat all time .Great picture of the girls & their hats..

R2P2 said...

Thank you!

marsie55 said...

Thanks for today's DL!! Poor Dallas & poor you!! Hope he heals quickly .. xmas photo sessions are coming up quick!! He he he .. glad you got a laugh out of my story .. every time I think of it I still chuckle and that happened many years ago!! My favourite thing once xmas day is over is spending time with my hubby .. he is usually on hols for a week sometimes two; it is fabulous to be able to have some quality time together!! And of course, catching up with family and friends! Personally, I love the questions .. I sit and read all the stories!! Catch you tomorrow :)

Yez said...

Cute pics! Thanks for today's gift. I love going downtown and seeing all the beautiful Christmas window displays.

Gina said...

The one must do is read Luke 2 Christmas Eve. My grandpa always read it to our extended family. My mom, the oldest, read it the next year. This year my husband and I are participating in our church's Christmas Eve service. We were asked to read that passage, of course we agreed. The other thing we love to do is go see a movie on Christmas day. There's always that lull in the afternoon. Blessings

Thea said...

Thanks for day 19. I can't live without Christmas stories they always get me choked up.

Tammy said...

Oh, your poor little guy! I hope he's doing better...it's such a boy thing to get thunks on the head-when my boys were little, we called them "iron head" because they were like Timex watches - takes a licking and keeps on ticking!
Don't you just love when your kids remind you of something they need for school...as they're getting ready? :)
I love your questions each day. They get me thinking! It would be hard to pick one thing that I couldn't live without at Christmas. All of the traditions work together to make the season special. We go to Disneyland at least once during the holidays-it's beautiful (but crowded). Each night we watch a different Christmas movie and read a book-or chapter-we're reading "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" right now.. if you haven't read it, do...it's hilarious!
Thank you so much for today's gift. Your new kit looks absolutely gorgeous! :)

Tammy said...

PS...I had to come back and say that I LOVE today's gift!! I just unzipped it and it's awesome :)

Chris said...

Thank You for the Beautiful Mini Kit! I Love the Sparkly Letters and the Christmas Bokhe Papers!
When I was Little Dad Used to drive Us around in the car So My Brother and I could see all the Christmas Lights. Now, Maybe Making Christmas Cards?

Lulutoo said...

Thanks for today's gift. :) We like to roast marshmallows over the fire in the fireplace and watch It's a Wonderful Life.

mnJenL said...

I actually love going to the mall to window shop on Christmas Eve. It was a tradition that I had with my mom and dad when I was living near Chicago. We walked the outdoor mall, Oakbrook, to see the lights and walk in the snow and looks in windows. Now my tradition is to go to the Mall of America (Minneapolis) first thing in the morning so I get a decent parking place. I love it! All the decorations and everything. Most of the time I don't even go to spend any money, just to be out in that holiday excitement. :)

Thanks so much for the beautiful freebies. Been fun answering your questions. ;)

Deb Burroughs said...

Thanks for the freebie today - and I am loving the questions, too. I miss going to Candlelight Services on Christmas Eve more than anything. It's just my 14yo daughter and I now on Christmas Eve and my time is usually spent listening to her beg to open just one gift...

TR said...

Thank you very much! Christmas music is something I cannot do without on the holidays.

teresaj said...

Thanks for today's lovely download. Good luck on your search. I can't do without baking all the good sweets for the holiday.

Stacey said...

thanks for the awesome gift!