Tuesday, December 18, 2012

18 days down!

Wow- there is some perspective for you all today. It means there is exactly ONE week left til the big day is here. (And for some celebrating early, even less 0.o)

Dallas asked me today how much longer til Santa got here.....And I said just one more week. His response? "Mommmmmmm, it's taking For EVER!" 0.o

Baking finished today and I am pretty sure I have grown dislike for  peppermint. 

I decided to throw some peppermint bark and Mint/Choco cookies together. I put the candies in a ziplock baggie and had Dallas do the "Hulk Smash" to break it all up for me. 

1st bag.....First stomp he busted it and it did this whole explosion pop of peppermint at me. Lesson Learned: Make sure air is out of the bag before sealing it

2nd bag.....He stomped til he busted a hole in the bag....and kept stomping. Lesson learned: Skip the bag and "Hulk Smash" because I absolutely do not want to sweep this stuff up for a third time. 

So I decided, now that we are working on box 2 of candy canes, it's time for a bowl.....smashing success! I would know....those pieces can get sharp as glass!     

I did the cookies (just your basic sugar cookie recipe with candy cane pieces and chocolate chips) All was going wonderful..until I smelled the big chunk that was on the bottom of a cookie ball....burning 0.o

So this genius decided to pick the cookie up off the sheet. Literally- bare handed grabbed it. 
Did you know that burning peppermint goes all stringy like hard tack? And it sticks to your skin....O and burns just a tad bit. 

In any regard, My house now has this lingering peppermint smell (and my skin LMAO)
     


Tonight's gift is another portion of my new collection coming this Thursday to The Digichick!
With 18 down and only 7 to go: 
~*~this gift was opened~*~
Please note this download will remain valid for 24 hours.
 Until December 18th 11:59 pm EST
 At that point, it will be revealed, placed in the shop and a new gift will be given. 

And for those that missed yesterday's gift- It was an exclusive Preview and portion of my upcoming release: 
Winter Wonderland
coming December 20th

It will be included in Thursdays release.
Please note that today all the $1 products in the store will revert to full price. 

Thank You everyone for all the treat goodness shares! We ended up making some shortbread cookies and fudge too :)
Tomorrow is THE day to finish off the wrapping!! I also need to do the girl's Christmas party treat bags too. The rest, I'll just see as the day goes on. 

Today's question will pertain to my post tomorrow- So I am curious what was YOUR most beloved gift as a child for the holidays?

    

Much Love!

26 comments:

Linda said...

Hello and Thank you for the great downloads...

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much!

Betty

Shuckclod said...

Thank you for day 18 Liz. I see you found my FB page. Welcome :) I wanted a boys big wheel. I got one too! I didn't like pink and I didn't like it as an adult, until my Best Friend Died. She loved pink. Now I do too. Glad your goodies are done. Have a great night and day.

Tammy said...

I'm so sorry you burned your hand... but, seriously...you had me rolling! :D I started my baking today - rice krispy squares and fudge. Tomorrow is choc chip cookies & banana bread.
My most beloved gift as a child was my Santa Mouse pajamas! :)
Thank you so much for today's gift!

Becs said...

Thank you!!

nancypinct said...

Thank you so much for today's goodies!!

Rose Thorn said...

Ouchy Liz! I hope your hand heals quickly. For future smashing, instead of the 'Hulk Smash' try using a rolling pin on the air-tight bag (not a smash but a roll with some pressure).

My most beloved gift as a child was my doll 'Suzie' (I think I was age 6) and all her baby clothes (they were real baby clothes).

Rose Thorn said...

Ooops, I forgot my manners today :P - I forgot to thank you for your gift... THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

THANKS A BUNCH ;~} for todays DL..
My dl worked at the shop Thank you again ;~}..Favorite gift when I was a kid was ANYTHING BARBIE !!! I still have the townhouse with elevator,her airplane & car,,,from crystalnva

Arlene said...

Good grief Liz. Sounds like a peppermint nightmare, lol. I think you discovered a new source of hot glue. Thanks so much for the gift. Love the sneak peak portion of your new kit. One of my most beloved Christmas gifts as a child was my turquoise Easy-Bake Oven. I received it the year it came out (early-1960's). I wanted that oven as much as Ralphie in 'A Christmas Story' wanted his Red Ryder. Hope you get your wrapping done. Have an awesome day.

Arlene said...

Oh My Gosh!! I swear I had not even unzipped Day 18's gift when I wrote my comment above. How cool! Thanks Liz.

marsie55 said...

Thank you for todays DL! Your story about burning your hand reminded me of my husbands episode with toasted cheese & tomato sango's!! I heard him yelping, and went down to the kitchen to see what the fuss was about, just in time to see he had dropped & caught an open toasted cheese & tom sandwich .. which he was then passing back & forth from one hand to the other .. repeatedly!! It was so funny, but I didn't think he would see the funny side at that moment, so had to go to the bedroom, where I stuffed my pillow in my mouth and nearly wet myself laughing. Doh .. instead of burning hands multiple times .. DROP the sandwich!!! Anyway, favourite gift was roller skates .. I opened the gift, saw the skates, wrapped them back up & put them back!!! I wanted them soooo much I didn't think they could possibly be mine, lol !!! Have a great day!!

Peggy said...

oh Liz, hope your hand is ok today and doesn't hinder what you have to do today. My favorite gift as a child was a blue dog pajama bag, LOL. I had it for many years, but I never remember stuffing my pj's in it! Thanks for todays DL.

Annheidel said...

Thanks so much for all these wonderful gifts! One of my most loved Christmas gifts was the Barbie Townhouse. :)

Yez said...

Oh my! hope your hand heals quickly. Thank you very much for today's gift. One of my most beloved gift as a child was a rag doll. It had big eyes and a red polka dot dress.

Thea said...

Thanks so much for these great freebies, you're awesome!

Leza Krouwel said...

Thats why I don't go near the oven I am fine with the chain saw but give me an oven and I am bound to hurt myself lol I hope it feels better soon....

The present I remember the most was my first Sindy (british version of Barbie) She had a ballet outfit and I also got a yellow flared trouser suit for her ( showing my age now ) and a beautiful white bedroom set with a bedside light that really worked lol

Leza Krouwel said...

again I got so caught up with the story and question I forgot to say thank for the download.....Thank you lol

Anisah said...

Thanks so much!

Anisah

Gina said...

One of my favorite gifts was my rocking horse. I used it for years and had lots of great pretend games with it as well as just burning off energy! Thank you for the great presents!

TR said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery on your hand. Thank you so much! One of my favorite gifts was a royal purple and gold dress I had really wanted out of a catalog.

Lulutoo said...

Ouch! Thanks for the templates! My fav gift was a play sewing machine (but of course, it turned out to be very frustrating as you can imagine!)

Chris said...

Ouch, Your Hand!
Thank You Very Much for Today's Prize!
One Christmas I was going out with a Guy whose Family owned a Pet shop and for Christmas They let me go and pick my 1st ever pet (I was 18 or 19) I Picked 'Amy' a little Grey rat, She was So Sweet.
It Certainly started something as Nervous Bob and Little Lady Tsu who live with me now are number 39th and 40th of the rats I have kept.

teresaj said...

I wish I could get motivated like you. My Barbie doll was my best Christmas gift ever. I still have so much to day. Thanks for the gift.

Deb Burroughs said...

Thanks for the gift - you are so generous! My favorite gift as a child was a dog - a chihuahua named Pixie Princess. I am still a dog fanatic to this day - although they are a LOT bigger... I hope your hand is better soon!!!

Stacey said...

thanks for the awesome gift!