Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 days down!

First I have to say THANK YOU for sharing all your posts and experiences with Mondays. And also letting me know I am not alone and they like to play jokes on us all hahahaha. Your comments and stories shared today helped me through a bit of a funk. It was the Monday stench lingering I do believe. 

But this afternoon I found myself in that blah mood, no mojo, just lounging and watching the ol' TV. Well my kiddos must of sensed my funk too and decided to do their best to fix it ;)

O yea- that is all 5 of us in the chair together LMAO.  I was smushed and smothered with kisses all over. Can't even remember what I was trying to watch either LOL. 

So then I figured we needed to make the most of it- So socks came to rescue. O yes- SOCKS!

Remember as a kid when you would put your socks on and go into the hard floor areas and spin like a ballerina? Ice skate all over the place? 

Well we did that- turned the tunes WAY up and just had it. 
After some bumps, falls, busted bums and sea sickness- I found myself so out of the funk and ready to rock the creativeness. YAY!

So there you have it- the perfect recipe for happiness
Smushy kisses, good tunes and socks!!
(Well, and someone to share it with OR pick your butt up when you fall down LMAO)

Now what you are all waiting for....
Today's gift is a rather large file and another blitz item- to help those crunching on some crafty gift ideas
(Or those that love brag book creations ;)  
With 12 Days down and only 13 to go: 
~*~Sorry this gift has been opened~*~

Please note this download will remain valid for 24 hours.
 Until December 12th 11:59 pm EST
 At that point, it will be revealed, placed in the shop and a new gift will be given. 

And for those that missed yesterday's gift- Here is what was hiding inside: 

It is currently available in my shop for just $1

I did change the date of the giveaway post, just to ensure it shows on the front page here under the Advent post. There is still time to get your entries in 

It is back to jamming and an up all night creating session! YES!!!!
What do you do to get yourself out of a funk? Do you turn the tunes on too? If so what are your go-to-feel-good songs?

Much Love!  

23 comments:

Arlene said...

Oh no! I seem to be first tonight and have no great story to share. Your life seems like so much fun. Even with all it's ups and downs you are truly blessed. Music definitely helps me beat the blues. I crank it up and do housecleaning, lol. I don't know why but cleaning makes me feel better. Thanks for day 12's gift. They have all been fabulous.

Arlene said...

PS: I forgot to mention... I love the pic of you and your beautiful kooky kids. So awesome.

Holly and little people said...

Oh yes, music, socks and slippery floors are awesome, we don't have nay otherwise that might have been what we ended up doing today too.

Becs said...

Hmm, I relax and have a nice glass of wine. Feel good songs, I like listening to old Madonna, or Michael Jackson songs that are upbeat and take me back.

Thank you for todays gift :)

Tammy said...

I love the picture of you and the kids all piled together! When I'm in a real funk, I go to Disneyland... it really is my happy place! Even if I just go for a short time and sit on Main Street, it makes me so happy!

Rylea said...

make that me too loving that photo of you and the kids all piled up looking fun. And the socks thing....well the entire post made me smile big and giggle. Me in a funk? Yeah ok but when I am I might switch to Nora Jones.....and then onto some possible Classic Music. works for me....thanks for the goodies. XOXOX

grannymike said...

I love the picture of you and your kids! They are so cute! I don't really know what I do. I honestly am seldom in a funk. If I go for music, I would go for uplifting, gospel music. It's hard to be "down" while being lifted up. Your dancing sounds like fun as well. Thanks so much for the nice brag book.

Deb Burroughs said...

I love the picture of the kids surrounding you with love! It's sweet how kids seem to know when moms need a lift... And thank you for the gift today! When I am in a funk, I am generally surprised my my sweet daughter with something to make me smile and thank God that I was able to adopt her so many years ago! She is indeed my biggest blessing!

Shuckclod said...

Thank you for day 13 Liz. I have a temper and I don't like to see it.I like to play a game for a while to calm the blood pressure. If I am annoyed outside, I put on my headphones. Metal head :)

marsie55 said...

Thank you for Day 12!! OMG your story reminded me of when I was young .. back in those days we had linoleum floors .. when mum was out, we would try to wash the floors to help her out, but sometimes we were not strong enough to wring the mop out well enough. Of course, it did not help that we used to tip the bucket of suds over the floor and "skate" in our bare feet around the kitchen table!!!! So that is the Aussie version of sock dancing :)

Crystalnva said...

Thank You ;~} for todays DL Liz...
That picture is definiately a kodak moment luv it....The socks and dancing hehehe I remember those days.When I was growing up we had an OLD huge house me & my brother for self entertaining we played hall way bowling we were the ball our pins were milk cartons.Our father was a true bowler on a few leagues .All the old wooden floors in that house had bowling alley wax on them we had a blast ,the floors always stayed clean and our socks stayed dirty !!! Boy if I did all that now Id need 911 on speed dial...lol

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of you and your kids!
I remember slipping and sliding around on the hardwood floors when I was a kid too - especially after my Mom had polished the floors.

When I'm having an off day I usually read, listen to music, do crafty projects or digiscrap. Makes me feel so much better when I see all the photos of the smiling faces of my granddaughters.

Thank you for today's project - love making brag books for gifts for family and friends.

Betty

Thea said...

Cute photo of you and the kids. Thanks again for the gift.

Thea said...

Cute photo of you and the kids. Thanks again for the gift.

Anisah said...

Thanks so much!

Anisah

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!

Yez said...

oh I love that pic! Thanks for the gift!

DonnaK said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful kit for all the past days. I love reading your blog notes and sharing in your life--if ever so little. You are a great storyteller and fabulously creative. You rock!

teresaj said...

Sometimes simple days just having fun are the best. I bet the kids loved ice skating in the house. Thanks for today's download.

Robinsismai said...

Thank you so much! Sorry to hear that you were in a bit of a funk, but glad to hear that the kids were able to pull you out of it! Have a super wonderful day!

KandiceD said...

I be bop to my PS3 Move, I have a couple of dance games. They certainly get the juices flowing....lol!!

Thanks for the gift!

TR said...

Music makes life much more fun. When things have been really stressful and I suddenly start listening to my favorite music, it like a veil is lifted away. Thank you!

Stacey said...

thanks for another fantastic present!