Tuesday, December 11, 2012

11 days down.......

Epic Failure- Yep that would describe today/last night. Although it does make for amusing recapping :) 

  First- I did manage to get the gifts all out and sorted. I had *THOUGHT* I was pretty much done with all my shopping. Well, that was until I started to count how many gifts I had in each kids' pile. Needless to say I am missing a good handful to even out the numbers for the kids :( Then I went to get my wrapping paper out, and found that each roll I had left....was almost empty. *I think I am bound to be a last minute wrapper for life- Seriously ROFLMAO*

So that meant a trip to the store today- It's raining....still. And as soon as I opened the door in the parking lot GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
O yea- This momma stepped into an ankle deep pot hole full of water. 
So I ring the water out of my pants- Shoes sloshing and I am just squeaking all over the place in the store. 
Get to the register, and this lady just won't stop looking at me. With that *WTH* look. 

And I am clueless- I look around me and just don't catch on. 

As I am walking out I catch a glimpse of my reflection in the doors. 
1: My hair is doing some alfalfa thing on top (sticking straight out my hairband)
2: My makeup is smeared for this wonderful raccoon eye
3: I have this wonderful dirt smudge on the side of my face
*Thank you pot hole for making not only my shoe and pants a soaking mess, but giving way for me to transform my entire look into the swamp thing LMAO*

I got home this evening and realized that I had went to the store with a list....not just paper and a few gifts to be gotten. Do you think that list was used? Yea - no 

I figure this much- today was Monday....it's supposed to happen. Tomorrow will just be golden :) 

The next gift I want to warn that it is possibly something you might already have. 
*IF YOU ARE A NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBER AND HAVE PERFECT U, YOU DO NOT NEED TO DOWNLOAD TODAY'S GIFT*


With 11 Days down and only 14 to go: 
~*~Sorry this gift has been opened~*~

Please note this download will remain valid for 24 hours.
 Until December 11th 11:59 pm EST
 At that point, it will be revealed, placed in the shop and a new gift will be given. 

And for those that missed yesterday's gift- Here is what was hiding inside: 


It is currently available in my shop for just $1

As promised there is a chance to take the entire cake with Sweet Digi Scraps designs! Please see the post below for full details
*if you do not like the odds of the lotto ;) And would still like to purchase all of my designs currently available - I will have that deal this weekend so be on the lookout*

After the day I had- I think a nice cup of hot tea and some relaxing down time is in order. But it does drive a new question....are Mondays usually kind to you?

Much Love! 

30 comments:

Natalia said...

Thank you so much! As for the last minute wrapping, don't beat yourself up, I haven't even done any shopping yet! urgh...I'm starting to get really scared. Good luck!

Robinsismai said...

Thanks so much for your generosity. I don't envy you your adventure. I know how you feel 'cause I've been there and done that!! It does make for a good retelling, although it's not very enjoyable at the time!

Suzi said...

Sounds like a rough day! I still have way too much to do myself :(
Thank you for the great gifts!

grannymike said...

Thanks so much for this "perfect" gift. I know your day wasn't exactly perfect, but when you can look back on it and laugh, the victory is yours. : )

Becs said...

Sounds like a not so great day but tomorrow's another one. Thanks again!!

Janet said...

What a day you had! At least you are able to laugh about it. Sometimes I guess life just happens! At least you are far enough in advance of the big day that you have time to "recover." Merry Christmas to you! Also thank you for all the generousity!

Tammy said...

OMGoodness! I was rolling reading this! It sounds like something I would totally do :D
Have a nice cup of tea and relax... you deserve it! :)
Thank you for today's gift!

Shuckclod said...

Poor Liz, you probably looked like you got kidnapped and got out of someones trunk. It did give me a good laugh, sorry you had a bad day. Thank you for day 11. Have a better Tues - Sun.

poki said...

Hopefully your weather will improve. We are having Texas "winter now" about 32 this morning, but it was 80+ last week, and will be again, I'm sure! I plan to do a lot of my shopping on Friday, Dec 14 in Austin!
(I'm spending the day in Austin while Mike works so we can go on to graduation at Texas State without backtracking! ... gee, and it is so tough to spend the day in Austin! LOL)

Deb Burroughs said...

Wow! That is a baaaad Monday! And, yes, if I have a bad day, it is usually on Monday. I am glad you could laugh about it - and still give us the gift! I hope today is better for you...

mnJenL said...

oh no! I am really sorry but I did lol at times, but the humor can be in the delivery. :) We are snow covered and we didn't go anywhere because there were accidents all around. Sometimes it is better to stay home on Mondays. Here's to a happy Tuesday!

Goog said...

Mondays are SO horrible for me that my friends and I started a web show called You Suck Monday.

Karen said...

Thanks so much for all the goodies! Every morning feels like Christmas when I come to find your gift! So sorry about your bad day, I couldn't help chuckling though, it so sounds like a day I would have! You are way ahead of me, I haven't even started my shopping, I think I'm in denial that Christmas is so near!

R2P2 said...

Ohmygoodness! It's good that you can laugh at it all. What a story! I have to admit, I giggled a little a your image as "swamp thing."

Thanks for today's treat!

JeannieK said...

I'm glad to hear you can laugh about such a miserable day's experience! I think my bad days coincide with some moon sign as they are infrequent (thankfully!) and any day of the week. When the day starts out weird at the very first store, I just go home and wait for a day or two. Thanks for today's goodie!! Good luck finishing your shopping and wrapping.

Crystalnva said...

Im sorry bout your Monday..I did laugh as I read about all your adventures ..THANK YOU for day 14 and THANK YOU for making me laugh ;~}

Arlene said...

Oh yes indeed, I've definitely had days like those and they are completely "Uggh" while in progress. The funny part is I usually can't wait to get home to tell my hubby all about it and we laugh. But it sounds ever funnier when it happens to someone else. :) Have a golden Tuesday Liz. Thanks for the gift.

Lulutoo said...

Ugh! That's all you can really do is look back and laugh, but I'm sure you didn't feel too humorous at the time. LOL Thanks for today's gift!

Barbara said...

I'm sorry for the puddle and its aftermath! But, it made a fun story to read... :-) Thank you!

Yez said...

Sorry about your bad day Liz, it sounds like something that happened to me. I may laugh about it now but it was not funny back then :) Hope you have a wonderful day and thank you so much for the awesome gift.

Meg said...

Thank you for your generosity. I've been loving every product you've given out. I don't think I left a comment yesterday (Safari kept crashing on me, boo) But I really love the Apple kit! Thank you.

Thea said...

Your story made me smile, sorry you had a tough day it was cute the way you described it. Thanks again for the great gift.

Dawn said...

Oh dear - well at least you're laughing. Thank you for todays kit (lovely asd always) and here's hoping that the rest of the week is smooth and kind to make up for Monday!

I used to hate MOnday when my sone was little because I hated him going back to school after the weekend. Then I went back to work part time and Monday was my day off so I loved Monday but now that I'm not working, Monday is the day I generally do laundry and ironing so I hate it again :( Roll on Friday!

Leza Krouwel said...

I have a horrible sore throat today and reading your post has totally cheered me up...so funny horrible for you but so funny for me because for once it wasn't me lol
I hope you have a nice relaxing evening and thanks so much for todays freebie XXX

Chris said...

Everyone is Right, If You can see the funny side of Something it will help you through it!
Thank You for Today's Generous Gift!
I haven't bought any presents yet and I'm not sure when I will have money to start :0
Trust Me, You are Organised!

scoobie81 said...

I am laughing so hard I'm crying! We lived in Seattle area for 25 years so I'm 100% with you on the rain/water/hair sticking up/makeup smeared thing!!! Thank you soooo much for the gifts AND for the great chuckle!

TR said...

So sorry to hear about your rough adventure, although it did make me laugh. Mondays can go either way around here. Thank you!

teresaj said...

Oh my gosh I would have just waited until the rain stopped because I am a procrastinator. I usually wrap gifts the day of my family's Christmas party. I can't seem to get it done on time. Thanks for the wonderful gift today and hope the weather gets better for you.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://ivlkrwnnz.com]ujilM[/url] , iwPCKit , http://yuxeflk.com

Stacey said...

thanks for the fantastic present! hope tomorrow is better! LOL