Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wild Card 822

Wild Card Wednesday, yes, it's back!! What is it? Well its basically anything to be honest. Whatever the feeling of the week is, that is what Wild Card will bring. Sometimes it will be a gift, a challenge, a technique, tutorial or even some everyday tips that have absolutely nothing to do with scrapbooking. It's all in the cards and each Wednesday I will pull some and blog about it. (Previously this was done in a chat)

So what is in the cards this week? School and organization.

Yesterday was the first day back for the girls. They were so excited and ready to run through those doors and be back in the classroom. Mommy on the other hand was rather sad and lost at first with all the quiet. (But I do believe this is something I could definitely get used to ;)

 And with that blown kiss goodbye, they were off to start this brand new adventure.


I am sure you are sick of hearing back to school....or maybe you're not :) For those in the Southern part of the world school has been in full swing for awhile now where we in the north are just getting a fresh start on the new year. No matter which effects you, it is sure to be changing the way you schedule. After school activities are now on the books, appointments have to be made around the school schedule and things just end up topsy turvy if you aren't organized. (I should know, I have extreme scheduling issues) 

I have gone through loads of different planners and systems to get one that just works like cake for me. Finally I am pretty sure I have found THE one. The process to get here though, was much like choosing the perfect wedding gown....and I seriously became a bridezilla in the sense. I started  a thread about this and was looking for just the perfect way to keep everything in just one place and Google Calendar seemed to be getting the highest rave- So I thought why not try this. I had after all done the paper planners, digi "easy planner", my phone's built in calendar and charts. (Really charts were overflowing my house and it was a bigger mess than trying to just remember things) 

Everything is color coded, it was easy to put repeating items in the system, and I can seriously add everything to it without having a huge mess. The best part? The text reminders!!! Not only does it help remind me....but when I loose my phone...google calendar helps me find it :) LOL

But I seriously add everything to it. Meal plan, chores, work, outside appointments etc. It's an excellent tool for staying on task and getting things organized and DONE! What I love most about it- is that it sends me an awesome text reminder every other day to take out some time to SCRAP! I make sure to make some time each week to do what we all love to do, document life and preserve the memories in the making :)

It hasn't completely taken over the chart area...as I still keep those going as they work best for the kids. Chore chart is still hanging on the bedroom door and below it a calendar with all the events that involve them. The awesome creative Sweetie Sara also does chart/calendar planning for her little one and has been so kind as to offer one of her pages she made for all of you to use!

We both hope you enjoy!
Tomorrow I will be here bringing a new release and some goodies :)
Here is a peek at what is in store
created by Sherry

Much Love and Hugs!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

this is beautiful! thank you!

Nancy said...

Great calendar page - thank you for sharing!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 3 post on Aug. 23, 2012. Thanks again.

Crystalnva said...

THANK YOU MUCH ;~}