Tuesday, January 3, 2012

On the 10th day...

Today has been my first true success in achievement! I am so glad that it came to me (the word) when picking this year. It covers such a broad spectrum of things that I can push myself to do that I haven't been able to before. I found myself- very shortly after doing the post for yesterday- on cloud nine screaming for joy even louder than I had the night before with the kiddos ringing in the new year. 

I shared, during the advent- a little bit of my singing. It has long been a passion and dream of mine (although I know I have a long way to go to be at a pro level LMAO) But it has been one of the things that has ALWAYS been my go to thing. Even when I can't scrap- there is always music. 
Either way- I entered this contest on a whim a couple months back. Each month a new winner was picked to recieve a $1,000 and an all expense paid trip to compete with all the years winners for a $100,000. When I first found the site I thought- Ah what the heck, nothing to loose.
Then I started to get a nice little following of friends, and family were voting for me too- Then the numbers started to climb. 
Well I knew I had a good amount of votes- I didn't realize I was sitting in a nice lead for first last month. 
BUT Low and behold- This momma took the 1st place spot!!!!
OMGeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Seriously I screamed like no other last night. It was shorty after 1 am that I found out- and I swear I could have woken the whole town!
But hey- if this is REALLY how the year is going to go- I am SOOO Game! BRING IT ON! hahahaha

Before I get on to rambling about my achievements and goals- Lets get to the gifting shall we?

On the 10th day of Christmas 
Liz gives to you.....


 ~*~Sorry This Gift has expired ~*~

Please note that this link will remain active until Jan. 3rd @ 11:59 pm EST
After that time, it will be revealed and placed into the shop, and a new gift given.
I hope you enjoy!!

I very much enjoyed reading everyone's word choices for the year! Excellent choices to push 2012 to its fullest for you.
And Congratulations to  our random commenter:
CrysalNVa
I gathered everyones name and made a random list- then did the random draw 
(since there was a couple non word comments)

 Please email me with the subject "blog win" today and I will get you the links to "New Me"
Coming January 5th 2012


NOW- Back to ACHIEVE!
I guess its better than to resolve, because quit frankly, I never end up resolving anything I set out to do in the beginning of a year. Resolves new meaning should be "a well planned and thought out plan to make something better that never becomes a priority- Dreamlike, fantasy and easily forgotten" LMAO

I also found myself in the previous years picking things unrealistic-
So this year- I WILL Achieve the following:

~Food~ I will eat less junk food and more fruit
~Weight~ I will exercise regularly (netflix instant que is full of great 10 min. workouts- no excuses now)
~Scrapping~ I will do at least 5 layouts a month (one per book) AND I already have 4 done ;)
~Designing~ at least 2 new products a month (thats a check for Jan ;)
 ~Photography~ I will take more photos that include my children AND myself together
~Reading~  Read at least one book a month
~Write~ Blogging at least once a week (although I did set a schedule for daily - we'll see bouts that one)
~Beauty~ I will make more effort in my looks- FOR ME- (makeup will be more routine)
~Time~ I will manage my time much wiser this year and use the balance I have learned
~Family~ I will make sure all my loved ones KNOW i love them every day
~Children~ I will do regular "field trips" with the kids to explore together
~Laughter~ I will take time to find the humor in things around me, and loosen up
~Smile, and often, because I want to have those wonderful age lines in a couple years that prove to the world that I had a great time getting there~

There are a couple others that are a little more personal- but Hey, one heck of a list. I have full faith that this year its a no brainer to achieve! I am not setting my goals on a 365 project, or loosing X amount of lbs. Or doing X amount of things like superwoman on a whim. Cuz getting to the half way point is more than half the battle. I have hit most of that list for January and we are only a couple days in. Motivation is here to stay!!
Here's to achieving all this and more!!!


And if you didn't catch the news:
 Me So Scrappy- My New Home has opened its doors!

*Please note the discount is shown in the cart*

Be sure to watch the facebook page today as a brand new goodie will be posted there as well as a couple coupon giveaways  :)
Much Love and Hugs- Until tomorrow!!

9 comments:

Shuckclod said...

Thank you Liz for day 10. I forgot to thank you on here yesturday. I did it on FB. Congrats on the contest, that would be so great for your family if you take the whole thing. Good luck on all you goals this year.

Rylea said...

I guess I am needing to do some regular texting to up the laughter part eh? ;) Thanks for your giving heart... and beautiful gift.

Anonymous said...

love this kit but when i try to download and open it says invaild , i got your other kit for the girls love it ,you are very talented in singing and design.all that and a mother , you go girl

CrystalNVa said...

THANK YOU ;~} for the boy set ....lol I cant believe I won a kit yeahhhh meeeee hehehe
THANK YOU AGAIN LIZ ;~}

Katalina said...

Congrat on the contest! I wish you all the best, you really deserve to win! Thank you for your beautiful gifts, you really spoil us!

Monkey Toes Too said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the kit and sharing your goals - it is inspiring me to be more determined with my goals!!

Jennifer said...

Congrats to you on contest win! :-) And thank you for sharing this (and so many other) fantastic kits.

Christi said...

I just saw this and missed it. So bummed. It's gorgeous!