Wednesday, December 14, 2011

14 days down!!

  Tonight was rather eventful, as my stepdaughter had her Christmas Concert. Hearing all the Christmas carols really boosted my spirit and eagerness for the holidays. You know, I don't remember when the last time was that I was this prepared and overly excited about the holidays- and its rather nice!
I want to thank you all for sharing your stories with me as well about your helping hands and hearts. As I said in yesterday's post- even the smallest of things like a smile goes a long way- and reading all your comments gave me a rather large boost in the true spirit of Christmas. So thank you all so very much!!

I also came to a very humbling and thankful moment today. This morning as I got up to get dressed, my bedroom light bulb blew. I wasn't thinking much of it- because it has been forever since I had changed that light bulb and just figured it was time....also didn't help that it was left on all night long. Either way- I just went about my business with the kiddos getting them ready for school and such and didn't pay much attention to the light until later this afternoon. 
When I went back into my room to switch out  the bulb, I was shocked, amazed and so very thankful that we were being watched over through the night. I have a shelf that is built right under the wall fixture that I keep my "out of kids hands" things- like my sewing box, scrapbooking tools etc. Now a few months back, the globe that was around the light bulb had busted, and it has just been the bulb there without a covering. 
Sometime in the middle of the night my sewing box had popped open, and the side had fallen against the bulb. Overnight it had melted and the bulb had burnt a hole through this insanely thick plastic. 
Not once did it smell odd (at least not when I woke, or during the night enough to wake us- Nor did it set off the smoke detector.) Needless to say I counted my lucky stars today and said a few thank you prayers that it didn't catch a fire during the night. 
Here is what it left me with (taken with my phone): 
 
Now what you all are waiting for : 
With 14 days down and only 11 to go.... 
~*~Sorry This Gift Has Been Given~*~

   
Please note that this link will remain active until Dec 14th @ 11:59 pm EST
After that time, it will be revealed and placed into the shop, and a new gift given.
I hope you enjoy!!
And for those that missed out on yesterday's gift-and the day before this is what was hidding inside:
Remembering


Now a  heads up on one of the Challenges I am hosting this month. I have gone back to my roots for this one- As Scrapbook Flair is the very first digital scrapbooking site I joined, and how I got my start to be where I am currently. 
So to celebrate the holidays- I am hosting a sponsored challenge on their site- that will have 2 winners recieving VIP passes to my shoppe for the year of 2012 - AND 3 winners will be recieving $25 gift cards. 
And I have some super exciting news that will be coming later this month- Lots of wonderful changes happening in the new year with Sweet Digi Scraps!!

Much love and hugs- Until tomorrow!!

14 comments:

Shuckclod said...

Thank you for day 14.. That damn ghost again, trying to sew! You are all very lucky, I would also check that smoke detectors battery. Thank you again...

lovetocraftbetty said...

Thank you for another lovely gift!!
You are certainly being watched over!

libbywilko said...

Good to hear you are safe and sound. Thank you for today's download.

marsie55 said...

OMG you could have been having a very miserable Christmas indeed .. someone is certainly looking over you!! Oh, that sends shivers down my spine! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful gifts!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Dec. 14, 2011. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Thank God you and your family are ok! Do check the smoke detector batteries. Thank you so much for another great gift!

Dawn said...

Wow - how scary! A blessing indeed!! Everyone go and check their detector batteries NOW! I have mine wired into the mains with a battery failsafe - heat, smoke or a fault in the electrics anywhere in the home will set them all off at once through the whole house!

Thank you for another lovely download! Stay safe!

CrystalNVa said...

Glad you are ok also check your alarms for just incase also ..THANK YOU ;~}

Cosmictadpole said...

Thanks so much for this pretty kit. So glad that nothing happened and that you and your family are all OK!

DigiScrapMe said...

THANK YOU so much for this gift!! Merry CHRISTmas :o)

Faith said...

wow...glad you guys were okay and nothing major got damaged! =)

Anonymous said...

So glad everyone is safe! Thanks for the daily gifts :)

Nancy said...

Thank you!

benelol said...

Thank you very much :)