Wednesday, December 7, 2011

8 days down

This post will be edited during the night just a heads up ;)

I am stopping in mid my movie and uploading session to hurry up with tonight's post (well at least the start of it LOL) I have my tutorial video done YAY!! Now I am just waiting on it to finish uploading....because for some reason tonight my net is crawling SUPER slow. Well I might have an idea why ;) Since I have found myself hooked into some sappy and amazing classic movies that I had been dying to check off my "watch list" 

Believe it or not, before this evening I had never watched "Gone with the Wind" - NOW - I am a big "graphics" fanactic when it comes to films. Don't get me wrong, movies absolutely HAVE to have a good story line to them as well for me to love them, but if it has amazing graphics that draw me deep in the movie then I am hooked. I can't stand watching old 80's bad acting, horrible graphic movies (well with the obvious exceptions like Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Buller etc.... LMAO) - So anyways, knowing that about myself- I never really bothered to watch some of the timeless classics like Casablanca, Gone with the Wind, Lonesome Dove etc....

Tonight I found myself digging into Netflix and couldn't really find anything that was suiting my mood. I wanted something good, but dull so I could still craft and watch the movie and not be too distracted. TADA Gone with the Wind showed up and I thought- PERFECT!
Needless to say, I have found myself GLUED to the tv watching with anticipation and loving every last second of it! HAHAHA. 

So it kind of got me sidetracked on time tonight. 
Today however was an amazing treat with my Little man- made me forget all about the ornrey things he has done lately LOL. See he took a chunk out of his hair with the scissors and there was just no way I could fix it without buzzing it all off. I wasn't really wanting him to be bald for winter, and today I broke down as the chunk missing was just driving me insane. I had been avoiding taking him somewhere as I was afraid of how he might react to the whole hair shop scene. 


Well today while getting ready for the morning, I asked him if he was ready to get a hair cut and he got all excited and ran and grabbed his coat. So that was that- off we went. The barber put the booster seat in the chair, and I sat Bubby down and slowly backed away afraid of the tears that I THOUGHT would some come....but nothing! So I sat down, and watched nervously just waiting for it........ but nothing!!
He didn't move, he didn't cry, he didn't talk, he just sat perfectly still and let the barber work his magic. About a couple minutes into the hair cut, he started acting like his mouth was dry- So i offered a drink and he just kept on like he was a pro. The barber commented that he did better than half of the grown men he cuts hair on!! Needless to say I was one EXTREMELY proud mommy walking out with my little guy-  He is growing up so fast!!

With 8 days down and only 17 to go....
~*~Sorry this gift has been given~*~
 
Please note that this link will remain active until Dec 8th @ 11:59 pm EST
After that time, it will be revealed and placed into the shop, and a new gift given.

I hope you enjoy!!

And for those that missed out on yesterday's gift- this is what was hidding inside: 
 Antiqued Alphas
All gifts are placed into the shop after their designated date for just $1.00

Much Love and Hugs- and thank you for all the sweet comments on my recording from yesterday!! It means alot :) Also I want to give a heads up about 2 challenges that will be making an appearance next week hosted by yours truly. Both challenges will have prizes and will be something I am sure you won't want to miss out on. Here is a look at the one of the challenges that will have VIP pass winners

15 comments:

Shuckclod said...

Thank you Liz for day 7&8. Glad your little guy did well at the Barber, bet he look so cute with a buzz...

redjanfan said...

thanks so much, love the simple design

lovetocraftbetty said...

Thank you very much!

libbywilko said...

Lovely alphas ! Thank you.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Dec. 08, 2011. Thanks again.

CrystalNVa said...

THANK YOU ;~}

Haley said...

ooooo Love today's freebie!!! Thanks so mcuh!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for another great freebie!

Cosmictadpole said...

I love your gift today. What a great idea! Thank you so much for sharing :)

Dawn said...

Thank you for the lovely freebie - Gone with the wind is one of my all time favourite films and books - I cannot count how many times I have seen it!! When my son was little (he's 21 now) our hairdresser had a special area for cutting kids' hair with a big glass aquarium and a dvd screen playing walt disney. They only cry if the haircut finishes before the film LOL

myrrhmaid319 said...

Thank you so much! I have been trying to catch your freebies while on shift work, it's a challenge but that's what makes it fun.Ha!! They are soooo cool! Anyway....my granddaughters cut each others hair this year (4 and 5)two months before they were flower girls at a wedding. Their mother cried and I laughed and laughed. Ah the memories!!!

Monkey Toes Too said...

Thank you!

Nancy said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. Each gift has been so wonderful and more than generous.

Dawn said...

Thank you - hope you are having a great weekend!