Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Winning Day

Today was a rather nice treat, full of surprises and turns  but ending up on a great note! The weather on the other hand was somewhat of a bear, or at least undecissive. It tried snowing, raining, hailing and ended up with the sunshine peeking through the dark stormy clouds. But that is a sure sign for us that spring is here and ready to go! Thank goodness ;)

I have greatly enjoyed reading all your favorite spring moments, some of which are my own favorites as well. Here I am in the fresh start of spring, renewing me! And you are very right, its the perfect time and feeling for it. Everything gets a nice facelift- the trees start to bud, flowers pop up, the grass seems greener, the birds are chirping away and the smell is so very nice. One of my absolute favorites of spring is going out on a warmer day, when the rain just starts and taking in the smell of fresh rain, and that odd smell that comes off the sidewalks and road from it. Something about that smell just- invigorates me :) 

That being said- I went to http://www.randomizer.org/ to find out who was going to recieve Daisy Jane earlier to get a jump start on their spring scrapping. And here are the results: 


Yep, I felt like giving away 3 :) So congratulations to Micheladas Shuckclod and judith!!! If you would please email me at sweetdigiscraps@yahoo.com with the subject line "Daisy Jane" I will send along your download links :)

Now I had promised you all a peek at some of the paper scrapping I have been working on :) My camera battery has died in the middle of pictures this evening- so on the charger it goes for a little bit ;) I guess that is what happens after a couple photo shoots for family. In any case I did manage to grab up a couple pictures of the projects before it completely died on me- and will do the more detailed pictures and my hybrid albums on tomorrows blog post. 


Here are the albums I have been working on - One is Roxy's Kindergarten album, one is an album for myself and Joe, one is of Stevies 4th year and the other is of one of our vacation trips: 


I managed to get a few detailed pictures of Roxy's album- I used a Basic Gray Black board album ( Jack I think) October Afternoon's Fly a Kite and Thrift Shop, and some dollar general scrapbooking stickers that I snagged up (I dont remember the brand however :( Its not complete- as school is still going on, but it is a start to her album that I hope to put the finishing touches on when she goes through promotion. 


Now, I also promised a little gift. This is a long time coming however, and I hope to pick it back up and continue on the journey I had started. The download contains 8 premade (or as some have called them 'stacked') pages. Just add your photos- a little extra touch and some journaling and you have a great addition to your albums. Each page has a little life lesson on them. There is both 4x6 and 12x12 sizes in the download. 

Here is a preview of the pages included: (The 12 inch size has PLENTY of empty space for you to work with- I only used a sampling of the title work to show on the preview)
I hope that you enjoy!

Alright ladies, I am off to do what I hope you all take the time out at least once this week and do for yourselves- A long hot bubble bath, with soft music, candles and ALONE time :) A girl needs at least one day of pampering and relaxation a week right? 

I will be back tomorrow with some great Daisy Jane inspiration, a little sneak peek of whats coming next from me, and some more pictures on the albums I have been working on. I hope you all have a wonderful evening(or day) and see you tomorrow!

With much love and hugs-



11 comments:

Rylea said...

Oh Congrats Micheladas Shuckclod and judith....have fun scrapping wit that gorgeous kit. And Thanks Liz for your generosity

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [06 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Shuckclod said...

Thank you for picking mine...Congrats to Micheladas and Judith too...

LifeAsDINKers (Ava-J) said...

Thanks for the freebies Liz! :)
And congrats to the lucky ladies...have fun with your goodies. :)

Donna said...

Thanks for the freebie!

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for your great freebie.

Photographing Mom said...

Nice job on the paper albums!!

Thank you for the freebie and hope that bath was AWESOME. :)

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Apr. 06, 2011. Thanks again.

KandiceD said...

I absolutely love these pages, thank you for the gift!

DesignByNettis said...

THANX for your WONDERFUL work... YOu are so talented....
HUGGGGS
NETTIS

Cosmictadpole said...

Thank you so much for the Life Lessons pages! I've been looking forward to them for a long time. It's great to have you back :)