Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Make a Wish....


Today was yet another rainy dreary day. The temperature shift wasn't all that wonderful either, seeing as I was just bragging about the summery Sunday we just had. But we made the most of it this evening with some indoor activities and some rather comical conversation. Kids really do say the darndest things. 

So as I was walking home with Miss Roxy from school, we got into the discussion of whether or not butterflies could fly in the rain. (Her class room is currently watching caterpillars change into butterflies, so it has been a very highly talked about subject around here) In any regard I didn't really know, but guessed that since I have never seen one out while it was raining the answer was probably no. She then proceeded to start the song "Rain Rain go away" but she threw me a line I didn't know existed in the song. "Rain Rain go away, Come again a never day" ....Hmmmm a never day seems like a rather awesome place to send those dreaded things to :) 

I have a high love for music and singing (as some of you already know) But it has wore off in  big way to my children- Dallas especially. Today he finally sang "twinkle twinkle little star" pretty much word for word. I will have to record the next time, as he was rather hilarious to watch. After every word he would pause and take a deep breath then belt it out like he was howling at the moon. Every few words  his glasses would slip down his nose, and he would push them up with both hands over the lenses LOL. But he has been working on singing that song for a good while, and to see that look on his face when I screamed YAY You did it!! Was something of the biggest cheese eating grin ever.  I'm pretty sure he is going to be a performer of some sort when he gets older. 

But the moment that really got a good laugh today was from Miss Ana and Stevie. (This has a little bit of irony as it fits perfectly with my new kit...either way) Both of them had picked dandelions when we had went out this afternoon. Keep in mind these are the yellow type, that have yet to dry out and become those poofy white balls of seeds. Either way, they were sitting on the couch and just blowing away, but I couldn't exactly see what it was they were blowing at, as I was in the kitchen. So I peek around the corner, and there they are blowing at the dandelions from earlier. 'What in the world are you two doing?' Ana: "We're blowing them away" Stevie: "Do you want to make a wish?" O MY.... So after a good bit of laughing, and regaining my composure- I explained that only the dried up dandelions would blow off the seeds :)

I want to thank everyone for your kind comments on yesterday's post. I am so glad that you all enjoyed the mini, but know you are anxious to find out who will be receiving the 2 new alpha sets.
Fasten This Totally Grunge

Since there were a large amount of comments-some of which were annon. , I decided to pull 4 numbers.... Drum Roll Please.....


So the lucky winners are : #1 Peggz, #10 Lynette, #25 Pam  #33 Was Annon. so I went to the next one #34 vyrlefan
Congratulations to you ladies- If you would please send me an email at sweetdigiscraps@yahoo.com with the subject line "Blog Win" I will get you your download links :) 

ALSO- From last weeks posted challenge both Kristy and KandiceD completed the scraplift and posted links in the comment section. So BOTH of you will be receiving a $10 gift card to the shoppe :) I will be PM'ing you both with your codes. And for everyone here are their layouts from the challenge - Aren't they fabulous? 

 by Kandice
Waiting-Expecting-Dec-6-200

By Kristy
2011-04-flowers

This week I am issuing a NEW Challenge- This will end April 19th at 11:59 pm EST. ALL those participating will receive a mini kit for participating and a chance to win a $5.00 to my shoppe. So whats the challenge? Simply this- Ask your child what they would wish for if they had 3 wishes.  (or if you dont have one that you scrap for you can use yourself as your subject) Scrap a page about the response you get, date the page and upload to any gallery of your choosing. You can use ANY scrap products for this challenge, and upload anywhere. ON APRIL 19th- Post your layout link in the comments section :)  I can't wait to see what you come up!!

And a little something to help get you inspired for this challenge- Here is a sampler of "Up So High" which will be released this Saturday. 

~*~Click the Preview to Download~*~
(please note the link will only be available for 24 hours and will expire April 14th 2 am EST)


With that, I am off to dreamland- where all the wishes come true. I am hoping tonight brings me a dream of a beautiful beach in the warm summer sun with all the ice cream a girl could ever want :) 
Much Love and Hugs!

6 comments:

KandiceD said...

Kids are amazing! I love it when they finally accomplish something and they just beam! My guy runs around screaming 'I did it'! LOL!

Wow! Thanks you so much for the challenge again and picking me! Yeah! My LO looks so different when it's on someone lese web....lol!

And Thank you for your generosity with the sampler, it Bueatiful! You ARE an AMAZING Designer.

Here's my email if you like kandipd@gmail.com

Lynette said...

Oh THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Liz! I can't wait to see your gorgeous alphas in person!!!

Lynette
http://lynettesphotoart.blogspot.com

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Apr. 13, 2011. Thanks again.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [14 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Pegzz said...

Woot! Thanks so much Liz!! Sent an email to you :) Can't wait to play with the alphas!!

nikev said...

What? I didn't win?? Oh, well, going to your store to buy them!!