Monday, April 4, 2011

A Little Spring in My Step/Challenge and Chance to Win

So my weekend to the dogs....or should I say germs LOL. The downside of changing seasons is that it usually throws us all out of whack here with allergies and sinuses and such. Runny noses, achy ears and throats and fevers were the name of the game. Everyone is fine, just those inevitable colds you can't avoid :)

I did manage to get one the new kits uploaded before everyone went total ick :) Which felt so awesome. I have missed designing and scrapping so very much. Makes for awesome mommy time ;) The other kit will be released soon, but there is a chance to win it below :) 

Want to see what came from that swatch I posted earlier......
Its a bit different, but still "Liz"

Here are a couple layouts I did with it: 

The scrapping mojo has slowly returned, and I couldn't be happier- I will take this over the spring cleaning  anyday ;) Although the blog isn't fully (showing) the new skin yet....I have to resize my new buttons but I think its a nice little change to get things moving full in swing- (Especially with iNSD coming close around the corner) 

I also managed to scrap a little too with some awesome new kits that have popped up in digiland while I was away. I got my hands on Colie's Corner's new kit Solve A Mystery, and it was just perfect for some pictures of the guilty subjects in the past:


I also got the chance to play with some of Laura Burger's new designs. They were both fabulous and fun kits to scrap with: Race Zoom Zoom



Now I mentioned on Facebook there was going to be a little challenge posted :) So here we go!!! From the 5 layouts above, pick your favorite and scraplift it! (A scraplift is where you look off a previously done layout and make your own variation of it) You can use ANY kit you wish- and upload ANYWHERE you wish. Challenge ends Monday April 11th, 2011. To enter, just create and upload your scraplift anywhere- then post a link to your finished layout in the comments section of April 11th's Blog post. Those that complete the challenge will be entered to win a $10 gift certificate to my store!

Now because I am in such a happy mood- I wanted to also give you all a chance to win my new kit "Daisy Jane" that will be released Wednesday (April 6th) evening. 

Just post in the comments section of today's post on what your favorite thing about spring is, or your favorite memory of spring in the past. I will be back tomorrow evening to do a random draw for a winner and also a little gift that I have been working on :) And pictures of some awesome hybrid and paper albums I have done recently :)

Much Love and Hugs-

17 comments:

Danyale Lewis said...

Daisy Jane is adorable!!!!!!! I love those colors together.

wahoolady said...

Love the kit. The best thing about spring is getting to opent he windows and not having to bundle up!

Photographing Mom said...

What I love about spring is all the new growth and the fact that summer is next!! :D

Cute kit!!

Anonymous said...

My favorite thing about Spring is the SUN! Winter can be very dark and gray and I just love the longer days and more light!

Beautiful kit Liz!
Rideascrapbook
K Donovan

Micheladas said...

Before my Nana passed away I would spend lots of time with her in Redding.. I remember the first time I had seen a hummingbird. My nana had lots of hummingbird feeders and I was just amazed at how fast the tiny wings moved.. Every spring after that I would visit and just watch them with her. That is my fav Spring memory... Love the kit :)

bourriquette said...

lovely kits!
what I love in spring is rebirth and blue sky and sunny days after winter!
thanks for the chance to win!
friendly from france
catherine

Jennifer said...

Love those colors! My fave thing is seeing all my crocus come up and bloom - then I know warm weather is near!

Pam said...

My favorite thing about spring is starting to see green instead of white(ish) snow. It is nice not to have to bundle up to go out. Love the kit. Thanks for the chance to win it.

Shayna said...

My favorite part of spring is seeing all of the flowers in bloom. These come with warmer temps :) Thank you for giving me a chance to win.

annachris70 said...

My favorite thing about spring is the spirit of renewal.
Thanks for the chance!!!

Lei said...

Oh it's so nice to see you back! Your designs are just lovely!

My favorite part of spring is seeing all the many beautiful colors of the flowers & smelling the wonderful fragrances :)

KandiceD said...

I like spring because to me it feels like a freah start to the year, being in a cold climate under blankets of snow with a recent winter storm this last weekend I can not wait to get out and start walking around with my little ones. I am very excited this year because my little guy who is almost 2 and half we won't be using the stroller and I love this stage when they are exploring.

I hope your colds run there course fast! We just went though all the icks,too!

Thank you for a chance to win!

Nydia said...

It's so awesome to see you back! I never had changes during the seasons, I'm from Puerto Rico, a tropical island, but since I Live in Mexico, what I love the most from Spring is the burst of colors from the trees... It's something breath taking! Big Hugs!

Shuckclod said...

I love Spring because all my flowers and trees come back to life. The air is fresher, because my neighbors are not burning a fire every minute. We also grow our own vegetables....Thank you for the chance...

Rylea said...

Good Morning Liz.....Daisy Jane is awesome with all those gorgeous colors. My fav thing about spring? Signs of new life poking out of the ground with buds opening to show their gorgeous colors, ready to flush the dreary air with those aroma's of floral. Have a great day!

judith said...

i love this kit...i just commented in the gallery at gingerscraps on you beautiful lo.
spring means daffodils to me, just love the bright color and the happy feeling they give me.
thanks for the chancd to win.

KandiceD said...

Hi Liz.....I completed the challenge but wasn't sure where to post about it,....so I uploaded into your gallery and what amasing LO's I seen in there. Wow! Thanks for this challenge I never scraplifted before, I picked Sisterly Love. Here's a link to my pic.
http://www.beentherescrappedthat.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=14805