Saturday, January 1, 2011

on the 8th day.... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Well dang, I haven't blogged since last year. (Corny I know ;) My grandma used to do that to me when I was little. We would watch the ball drop together, and then 5 minutes later she would go "Well come to talk to me, I haven't talked to you since last year" Ah the little things that stick in your mind as you get older. They seem corny and silly then... but its funny how those are some of the most cherished and memorable things you carry throughout life. 

Last night was nice, a cozy evening with the kids. Ana and Bub made it to watch the ball drop, and was out like lights shortly after. My family on the other hand was making quit the noise in town. Fireworks, screaming, pots and pans- people falling all over themselves. I found it rather hilarious staying up til 3 just to laugh at their expense. Question- What happens when 2 redneck drunks get ahold of fireworks and a coffee can? You get 2 blown up drunks LOL- Not literally, however instead of putting the can down on the ground and THEN lighting it, as told over and over- he insisted on holding the can. Needless to say he was jolted sober for awhile LOL ( I shouldn't laugh, because they are both very lucky not to have been severely hurt, but man on man- Its like throwing a firecracker near someones feet- That jump reaction that is just to irresistible to laugh at? Yea that times 10 :)

Thank you all for your support and kind words about my goals for this coming year. I am wishing you all much success with your resolutions and personal challenges this coming year as well. I figure this much, as long as we keep pushing each other...we will get there! Candi, and Connie you both kind of hit my 365 on the head.... but its a bit more. This year I am going to push myself to do two 365 projects. I figure if I can do it, I will ensure I get the "liz" time in- and if not.... its okay, it will just be 365 (give or take a few LOL) HOWEVER, I am going to do a scrap journal this year- Include one photo from the day, as well as journal ect.. and create it using my scrap products. That way I scrap, take photos and write daily. (You will see what I mean in tonight's gift) 

ALSO- I am going to do a project that I am calling "Life's Lessons 365" . I know in no means am I going to catch up on my scrap albums for the kids anytime soon. And I have learned that life is far too short, and even though I don't think I will be going anywhere anytime soon- I want to make sure that for a fact my children have some of my words of guidance and "wisdom" (if you want to call it that LOL) for later on in life. Of course I plan on keeping up with it far past this year, but I want to make sure this year I get as much in as I have learned on my path so far. I am almost finished with my pages for today- but was waiting for this quiet evening time to complete them. I will post them as I go, and anyone wishing to join me can- I would be more than happy to have you along the ride. I will also provide "basic life lesson cards" as I go on the journey too- so you can use and modify if you wish for your own scrap projects.

Okay, now what you all been waiting for .......
The 7th and 8th days of Christmas
*Belated ;) *
Enjoy

 *Sorry these gifts have been given*
*Please click both the images to download completely*
note the downloads will be available until Jan. 2nd 11:59 pm EST




 And for those that missed the last gifts- here is what was hiding inside: 

 

All gifts go directly into my shoppes (both personal and at ACOT) and are available for $1 for anyone wishing to pick up any missing pieces.

LAST CALL!!
 EXTENDED JUST 2 MORE DAYS!!

Thank you all so much again!I am off to finish up day 1 from my 365's and go ahead and do day 2 while I am at it :) See ya'll in the morning :) And Lainey- Pop me an email- I will be glad to set you up, as I retired that kit last summer :)
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!




20 comments:

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [02 Jan 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

fl_connie said...

thanks, Liz - and Happy New Year!

HollyP said...

Thank you for the great freebies!

marsie55 said...

Happy New Year to you and your family!! I can't wait to see some of your new projects .. the cards sound quite interesting!! Thanks so much for the 7th & 8th gifts .. xxx

Jewel said...

Thanks for yesterday and today's gifts. I had to grab and run yesterday as we went out to some friends to ring in the New Year. Your resolutions sounds great, it sounds like it will be a really trans-formative year for you! I can't wait to read about it as you go :D

Monica said...

Thank you! :D
Happy 2011!!

tiggconn said...

LOL my Grandma said those corny lines too! Ahhh the memories. I really miss her. She was always so witty. :) Thank for the goodies!

Rebecca said...

Thank you so much, honey! Yeah, I know from experience - drunk men shooting off fireworks gets KINDA wild!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you :)

Jody said...

I can't wait to see what your project 365 Life's Lessons is about. It looks like a journey I would like to take with you. Looking forward to seeing what the cards have to say.

Thanks for Days 7 & 8!

Crystalnva said...

THANK YOU ;~}
HAPPY 2011 !!!

Marif said...

Happy New Year, and thank you so much!!

TiggerRD/Tanya said...

Wow - two 365 journeys! I'm not sure I can even keep up with one!

So~Inkin~Cute said...

Liz, thank you so very much!!

I think your Journal 365 is fabulous. I know I plan to journal each day, but...! I don't know that I will be able to complete 365 projects/layouts. I would love to say that I could, but it's hard enough to commit to doing a few layouts per month! haha! At least for now...I don't know why, but it always seems like there is never enough time. I know that I could probably figure out how to make the time to do it, but I think I might just get myself all frustrated. So, what I resolve to do is journal each and everyday, continue to take my photos everyday, and then see how I can incorporate it all into an album of some sort by the end of the year (or in Jan of next year). I will work on it as I go and how knows?? Maybe I'll find myself with more projects than I ever imagined I could do....

I think you're fabulous and I most definitely look forward to "following you along" your wonderful journey!

Much love to ya, sister!

xx,
Candi

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Jan. 02, 2011. Thanks again.

tamis3angels said...

Thank you for the gifts and for sharing such a positive attitude for the new year. I have found myself dreading what lies ahead. Your positive attitude lifts my spirits.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year... Thank you for the gifts. Sorry I missed 2&3 but that is the price you pay to travel during the holidays :-)

Lostnana :-)

Rylea said...

Thank You for the goodies Liz love them so much!!started my 365 but like your title life lessons. XOXOX

cosmictadpole said...

Thank you so much for the gifts, and I love your ideas for journaling and 365 projects! Your gifts will certainly help with my own :) I'm guessing "Bub" is your nickname for your little boy? That is cute! And coincidentally, "Bub" is the nickname my fiance has given our little doggy, Rocky, who is like our baby. Now that's all we call him ;)

andastra said...

Thank you so much! Happy new year!