Friday, December 24, 2010

24 days down!

Are you ready for it? Its coming....less than 24 hours and not a soul can hide from it LOL Don't worry if your still not ready, because I ain't either LOL. I thought I would be, but alas those unexpected things just have to pop up!  I had to go out tonight to the store to get the last minute dinner items, and a new ham! Hows that for crunch time? The cat decided it was going to have a feast day while I was out looking at lights... since some little man in this house (no mention of names) opened the fridge and left it cracked enough without me knowing it. 

However, turkey in the sink- prepped food in the fridge and ready for popping in the oven tomorrow. Christmas gifts 3/4 wrapped, that will be my task for all night tonight between basting times and clean up on the house for tomorrows dinner- Because we have made a mess today for sure. Now to manage a nap in somewhere this morning before all the running and cooking today. I tell ya, I ain't no superwoman thats for sure- this lady is lacking those powers!! I wish I had them. I confess however, I started preparing for the advent and 12 days in late October :) I cheated :) So It has allowed some freeing of my schedule a bit. 

I do know I have to fix my tree, AGAIN before I even think of napping before the kiddos awake. Bub and Ana felt the need to throw ornaments at the cat because it stole a piece of bubs ham from his lunchable while I was taking the dog outside. So now I have a little bare spot in the middle, as well as lights out again. In the midst of pulling off ornaments, I do believe bub pulled a light loose..... heaven help me find that thing! I swear its like looking for a needle in a haystack! 

The lights however tonight were absolutely beautiful. The best display was the same as last year, with added inflatables- but still stunning! But the highlight of the evening was of course the Courthouse. It is completely decked out in lights, and synchronized to Christmas music. Each year gets better and better, as well as the Charles Dicken's Village. (The entire downtown of Cambridge Ohio becomes a Victorian Village each Christmas season, with Charles Dickens figures and houses everywhere) This year they added horse pulled sleigh rides to the rooster of things you can do downtown. I am really tempted to go for one with the kiddos before my birthday rolls around. 

Either way, Here is a video pulled off youtube so that you can see the Courthouse display that we all sat and enjoyed this evening. (There are a total of 4 different light shows (Each one 12 minutes long) that they do to suite everyone's taste in holiday music) and it goes on every hour from 5 until 9 pm each night, and will keep going until January 9th- i think -  not totally sure. But its PHENOMENAL! 


Okay- I know I am rambling a bunch this morning LOL- However, I also have another calendar to share with you all. This one is done with my more "modern/funky" kits. Just in case you are still crunching for last minute gifts, or you just want one for yourself, or of a different style the one I previously had available for download. 

It will remain available til after Christmas. And here is a run down of the month/kit usage for each one so that you know in case you wish to modify them
January- Mod Squad
February- Secret Crush
March- Precious
August- Three R's
September- This Is Me
November- Spunk
December- All Wrapped Up

Okay, now what you all been waiting for .......
with 24 days down and only 1 to go.....
Here is your 24th little gift from me to you,
Enjoy

 *This Gift Has Been Given*
*Today's gift is a teaser of the 12 part collection that will be released Tuesday*
note the download will be available until Dec. 24th 11:59 pm EST

And for those that missed yesterday's gift- here is what was hiding inside: 

 
All gifts go directly into my shoppes (both personal and at ACOT) and are available for $1 for anyone wishing to pick up any missing pieces.

For a limited time only!

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve! To all those traveling tonight, or heading out to spend time with the family- Be safe! And have a VERY Merry Christmas!!! You are all so very wonderful, and have made my holiday season an awesome one! Much Love until tomorrow :)






16 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thank you so much, Liz!!! That silly kitty! I have almost all my gift purchased now, though the hubs is picking up a few more things today. But I have several things I'm trying to make yet, EVERYTHING to wrap yet, and stuff to make for tomorrow's dinner. :) It'll be a busy, busy day here! I don't think the cleaning will get done, so anyone who stops by tomorrow is just going to have to live with it. They know I'm the queen of clutter anyway. :) Have a very, very Merry Christmas, honey!!

Lynna said...

Thanks so much for Day 24 and all the days! Sounds like you are busy busy busy! I hope you have a very Merry Crhistmas!

Marif said...

Thank you so much!
Good luck with all the last minute preps and have a beautiful Christmas with your family!

tiggconn said...

Thank you Liz for all the pretty gifties! Love the calendars, too. Wishing you and your family a truly wonderful holiday! :)

So~Inkin~Cute said...

Thank you again! I can't believe how fast this month has flown by. Each day when I am at your blog I can't believe it is another day closer to Christmas... I can't believe that it'll be 2011 in 8 days!!!!! Thanks for making this month so fun! I cannot wait to shop in your store. You have a fan for life. I have always been a fan, but I had never been to your blog until one of your CT members gave me the url! Crazy, I know! For over a year, I didn't know about your fabulous blog!

Anyway, I know I babble on and on every time I leave a comment, but I feel like I "know" you and I always want to "say" something back to you after reading about your day. LOL! Silly as it sounds....

I hope your Christmas Eve is super-duper fabulous!

xx,
Candi

Photographing Mom said...

Thank you so much!

Merry Christmas Eve. :)

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 10 post on Dec. 24, 2010. Thanks again.

shawnyrvr said...

TYSVM for today's gift & for the calendar!!! I have to go to the store to grocery shop since we just got home from our trip this morning. Not looking forward to it. Stores will be crazy crowded I'm sure. Good Luck with finishing ALL of your stuff today in time!!! Hugs & Blessings, Have a very Merry Christmas, too!

BeachBaby said...

Thank you for the calendar and day 24. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Cherbear said...

Thank you! Merry Christmas!

Crystalnva said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE THANK YOU ;~}
Merry Christmas

KandiceD said...

What a naughty kitty!LOL!
Thanks you for the fabulous gifts today.
I wish you and your family a happy christmas.

fl_connie said...

Oh, Liz - you will miss these days! (Really - you WILL!) thanks for all the presents and thanks for all the giggles! I have a new cat (rescued) this year, and wasn't sure how he would react to the Christmas tree. Now I know - and every morning, I get to redecorate it. He is having a blast taking the ornaments off & playing with them - which is why I bought some cheap plastic ones for our little tree this year and left the big one in the box, lol! Next year, he won't be so "new" and will have a better idea of what we expect from him (don't I sound confident?), lol. Merry Christmas! Hope this is the merriest ever!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [25 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Jewel said...

Liz we had to take our kitty to the vet today - he hurt his old leg and he was cowering in a corner hissing at us! We were all scared. He is feeling much better after some pain meds and thankfully ($200 later) we know there is no break. Be glad your kitties are well enough to be naughty and enjoy every silly moment. Ours are old now, 15, and they are such a part of our family I hate to think of life without them ... they are a warm cuddly solid presence in our lives now. Now more playing with the tree, just sitting there staring at it and purring :)

Thanks for today's gift, and it looks like great things are coming to us for the 12 days! Thanks again for the calendars, too - my FIL got his today and loved it.

I'm sure you are busy buys, but I hope you get a chance to read your blog comments, and see what a wonderful impact you have on your readers - and it's not just for the gifts - we love getting to know you through your blog:) I know I became a fan for life when I found you at Christmas 3 years ago!

Many blessings to you for Christmas and forever:)

Jewel

cosmictadpole said...

Thank you so much, and merry Christmas to you!!