Thursday, December 9, 2010

9 Days Down...16 to go!!

I love this part of the evening. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore spending time with my children and family during the days, but this is me time. I get to just exhale... let it out and enjoy the peace and quiet in the home, while expressing myself. And just as you said Candi, its reflection time. Time to look back at my day and see what went wrong/right and how to prevent or make it happen again. Or even look at the things I did or someone dear to me did that made the day better, or taught me something valuable. 
 
My sisters showed up at my dad's house this evening. In most cases, they have excuses for not being able to help out with things. But today, they managed to both be there to help. So instead of my sneak surprise plan for the weekend, the house became lit up this evening.  Its not completely finished, as 3 boxes of lights still need to be figured out what the heck is up LOL- The biggest mystery and scam of the holidays if you ask me. Christmas Lights- They work when you put em away, and then a year later... you haven't touched them, and tadda! They are broke. Well I had the same problem with my own lights, but not to the extent of 3 boxes full (O YES, I told you my mom went all out- And that included the outside of the house looking like something that could light an entire city LOL)  I have yet to make the LED switch, but this year might be the one I go skimming for sets after the holidays when everything goes on sale. MAYBE they work after a year of storage? LOL
This afternoon was just me and Ana though, which was amazing. It had been a little while since we had a full day alone. We colored pictures, read books, played barbies and baked some uber delicious sugar cookies. I asked her what kind of cookies we were going to bake for Santa when the time comes....
"Im not giving Santa cookies, Im giving him money." Hmmmmm okay, "You are are you? and why no cookies, santa loves them" - "Mommy, Santa gets cookies from everyone, he needs money to buy me more toys" 
Well..... gotta love honesty !

Okay, now what you all been waiting for .......
with 9 days down and only 16 to go.....
Here is your eighth little gift from me to you,
Enjoy
*Sorry, this gift has been opened*
note the download will be available until Dec. 9th 11:59 pm EST


And for those that missed yesterdays gift, here is what was hiding inside:
All gifts go directly into my shoppes (both personal and at ACOT) and are available for $1 for anyone wishing to pick up any missing pieces.

For a limited time only!

*When we reach day 10 be ready for some really exciting Extra goodies ;) *

Thank you to everyone who listened and commented on my song from yesterday. I am glad that you enjoyed, and feel a bit better now of showing myself doing so LOL. I have always loved to sing, it was my childhood dream to be a famous singer/actress.... Funny how the paths lead us in life, but at least one thing, I have never given it up- Its FAR too much fun :)
Much Love
Until tomorrow :)

18 comments:

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [09 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Rylea said...

DL early today....have to many things happening for Thursday and so did not want to miss this.So stinking happy you got some help with decorating and I have not made the switch to LED either, but can't spend the money for new when the old work just fine, or so I think. Haven't taken them out of the box and plugged them in. Never know what one gets from year to year do you? thanks again for the gifty. XOXOXO

shelly c said...

Hi, I enjoy checking in each day to see your kits :D They'll be great to scrap with come next year for my layouts by the month! Thank you so much for all these lovely gifts, they're awesome! :)

Cherbear said...

Thank you!

marsie55 said...

Ha ha ha .. love your children's thought processes ... priceless!!! So cute!! Thanks for the beautiful gifts .. you are so generous .. much appreciated! Glad you got some help with all the decorations. xxx

Crystalnva said...

THANK YOU ;~}

Marif said...

Thanks!!
The colours from yesterday's gift are to die for, teal is my favourite!!

Monica said...

Thank you!
:D

Photographing Mom said...

Thank you!

Our Christmas light boxes must have a relative of that Christmas light putter outer living in them, too. We've found quite a few strands not working this year.

Chris said...

Thanks for another great gift! Glad your sisters came out to help you. We were doing identical things last night. I was sorting through strands and strands of mysteriously not lit Christmas lights!

Lynna said...

Gorgeous gift yesterday! Thanks so much for sharing!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Dec. 09, 2010. Thanks again.

fl_connie said...

Thanks! So glad you had some help! I hope your Dad is delighted!

tiggconn said...

thank for today's fabulous freebie! :)

So~Inkin~Cute said...

thank you again for today's lovely gift and for the laugh about the christmas lights' conspiracy! :)

You are such a doll!

hugs,
Candi

Anonymous said...

Mariaelisa from Chile: I am enjoying very much each of your gift. They are all fabulous!!
Thanks again.

Patti said...

Thanks Santa!!! Everyday is a wonderful surprise!

Patti said...

Thanks Santa!!! Everyday is a wonderful surprise!