Wednesday, December 8, 2010

8 Days down...

I am not sure yet how to perceive today, as it was one that threw so many curve balls that I am still standing at the plate going - Wait!?! Its my turn to bat???  I have learned however, in the past few months, that you just have to let things be as they are and roll with the punches.  There is always a reason for everything, whether we know them or not. Sometimes though, I wish I could take a peek in the master plan cheat sheet. 

I am sorry Candi and Connie for your losses as well. Its the holidays that make it really sink in the most I think. I haven't yet gotten over, as one never fully does, but you have the right idea Connie. Keeping busy, and pushing forward to other things keeps the mind occupied for sure. I did that for the first couple years after, and it really helped make things go a bit smoother. 

I did manage to get the living room at my dads rearranged, and ready. This weekend I plan on sneaking up there and doing the decorating while he sleeps. That way he can't tell me no ;) While working though, Roxy decided to rate her love for everyone from a scale from 1-10. O How I love a childs mind! 

Roxy:"Mommy, I love you 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9" 
Me: O really? Well I love you more than I can count Roxy! 
Roxy: "Why? Can't you count to 10?" 

hmmmmmmmmm...She got me. Then my dad chimed in and said- well what about me?

Roxy: "O Papaw, your 11" - 
Me: O WAIT A SEC!! How come he gets more than me?
Roxy: "Ummmm mommy, papaw gives me candy


Well at least I know how to win her love ;)



Okay, now what you all been waiting for .......
with 8 days down and only 17 to go.....
Here is your eighth little gift from me to you,
Enjoy
*Please click on the image below to download your gift*
note the download will be available until Dec. 8th 11:59 pm EST

And for those that missed yesterdays gift, here is what was hiding inside:
All gifts go directly into my shoppes (both personal and at ACOT) and are available for $1 for anyone wishing to pick up any missing pieces.

For a limited time only!

*When we reach day 10 be ready for some really exciting Extra goodies ;) *

I had mentioned previously that I was going to start sharing some of my recordings, well... I have the guts I guess tonight. I am a rock chic, to the core. I love classic rock, and if you ask Linda and the Sweeties- they will tell ya Janis is on my top ;)  So usually I am singing something with a bit of a rasp and some grit to the vocals, this is one of my out of the ordinary recordings. 

Either way, I had done this awhile back in dedication for my mother. It was one of her favorite songs. It means alot to me, and I decided to include it in my CD that I am giving my friend and family this Christmas called "In Matters of the Heart" - All just a bunch of cover songs, and a couple originals too from my band. Either way, they are all songs that mean something to me, or hold a special place in my heart. So here is yours truly, with
"I Hope You Dance" by LeeAnn Womack
*I recorded this in my kitchen, using a karaoke backing track* Apologies in advance if it hurts the ears and don't mind what I do when I sing--- I get a tad bit crazy I guess when I get into it. I will put the full CD playlist on my sidebar tomorrow for anyone wishing to hear.










15 comments:

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Liz love, I am in the midst of emotion so I am not able to fully express what I am feeling at this moment sweetheart.

Just know that this 'ol (okay, older thank you) lady over here in Cali has a big 'ol place for you in her heart and in agreement with what you've declared, all things DO happen for a reason/purpose. One of them was me just happening along tonight after not being able to make it back over since before Thanksgiving.

I'm sure that I'm the "Linda" you are referring to as I SURELY do remember our conversations about Janis and how MUCH we both love her music and you DO have the ability to get down with her tunes.

I am in the midst of some technical difficulties which have put me more behind than I was to begin with, but I am rolling with those punches girl! I hope to be back in action by week's end and will make sure to keep up with you better than I have been! I miss you!

Your baby girls and little man are growing SO quickly and are as sweet and precious as can be. But then I look who is mothering them and it all makes perfect sense! :)

My mind is cluttered and my eyes are worn, so rather than rambling on, please know that you and yours are in my thoughts always.

Thank you for posting your video. I have subscribed to you on YouTube and I shall be looking forward to hearing your Christmas album from here on your blog girlie! WOOT, WOOT!

You are an AMAZING young woman and I don't know how you accomplish all that you do, so I am not going to hit you up for a chat until after the holidays, however, I DO wish to do some long overdue catching up with you sweet pea!

Much love and a BIG, BIG hug,
Linda XX

Marif said...

Thanks very much for another gift and for the great music. It's a beautiful song and my son and I enjoyed listening to you very much!

So~Inkin~Cute said...

Wow! Liz! I am sitting here almost speechless. It's crazy how I end up feeling lots of stuff when I read your blog posts.

Today, you had me laughing w/ what your daughter heard. Reflecting on things when you mentioned how you wish you could have a chance to take a peek at life's plan...and almost in tears when I listened to you sing.

Thank you for sharing your heart and soul. It's truly a gift for all of us. I feel enriched each time I leave your blog.

Thank you so much. Not just for the "free" digiscrap stuff. For everything!

I read Linda's comment above... I know here, too. And LOOOVE her. She always makes me get all emotional, happy, and reflective as well.

Hugs,
Candi

Chris said...

Beautiful Liz. I didn't know you were a singer! Thanks for sharing. And thanks for another great giftie.

Photographing Mom said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing your music! You can sing!!!! Thanks also for your freebies.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Dec. 08, 2010. Thanks again.

tamis3angels said...

Thank you so much!

happyscrapper said...

Enjoyed listening to you sing so much. You have a beautiful voice. Looking forward to hearing more. Have been enjoying your blog posts and your freebies. Found you last Christmas and have continued to stop by all year. Love the photos of your beautiful children. Thanks for sharing your talents.

tiggconn said...

Thank you. :)

tiggconn said...

OMG I'm speechless! Girl you have an amazing voice. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. :)

marsie55 said...

Wow, thanks so much for posting your video .. amazing!! It also happens to be one of my all time fave songs too! Look forward to hearing some more tomorrow! Thanks for Day 8 too! xxx

Shuckclod said...

Thank you for the freebie.....Great job singing in the kitchen....My mon dies 8/4/08 and my BFF 5/9/09. Both Cancer. This is only the 3rd Christmas without my Mom. They do get easier, thing will never be the same. Going to open me gift...

Rylea said...

ok well I am as truly loving hearing you sing. I can't believe how much you have went thru this last several years and yet always take a second to do for others. I agree with Linda as far as Amazing. You have always amazed me and still do endlessly. So happy you still sing, for I see you get so much release from it. And you still get better and better. Warms my heart seeing more people hear you and enjoy it as much as we do. Wished I could wrap my arms around you and tell you how special you are, and how much we all adore you, but I think you already know. And thanks so much for these.....yet another wonderful gift. XOXOXOXO

fl_connie said...

AND SHE SINGS!!! Wow - you are truly one talented lady! That is one of my favorite songs, too - and you did a great job! Thanks for sharing it.

Thanks for another of your digi freebies, too - you are surely spoiling us this season.

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel