Tuesday, December 7, 2010

7 days down.... only 18 to go!!

I have been rather anxious this holiday season for it to hurry up and get here, but today I started to feel the pressures and rush, as well as the emotional part of the holidays. I made my list tonight of things still left to get, items still needing completed and my christmas dinner shopping list. I figure if I get them checked off and done by this weekend I should be in good shape :) Gotta love waiting rooms and the time it gives you to think about all the other things you could be getting done LOL

No school today, as we got a bit more snow last night and today. Not a whole bunch (at least nothing like the northern part of Ohio that's looking at close to 3 feet by the time its all done with) But the cold chill is what really got to me today, as I am sure most of you all in the states as well. Its beginning to feel and look a lot like Christmas as the song goes. 

I helped my dad get his tree area ready today, and spent some time with him. I think the holidays hit him a bit hard, as it was my mom's absolute favorite time of year. And I would be lying if I said it didn't hit me a bit hard today too. I could remember just 4 years ago, walking into that house and feeling like I had just stepped into the North Pole. My mom would go all out, garland EVERYWHERE, ornaments hanging everywhere, tree decorated to the max, nic nacks all over the place and the tiny house village set all around the dining room. Its never been the same. Each year since, its never looked even close. It either is just too hard to actually do it all, or us kids (me and my siblings) get too busy with holidays in our own homes or in the case of the boys, don't care too much for how things are decorated. I am pretty sure my dad misses it,  I know I do.  But it made me think tonight of the perfect gift for him, and hopefully in the nights to come I can sneak up and make the home become the north pole once again. Maybe it will bring a little bit of my mom back to him for the holidays. I just hope god gives me the strength to pull it off without pushing it back in the box as we have the years before. 

Blah, soppy mushy Liz tonight- See, its the emotion kicking in- I told ya :) LOL

Okay, now what you all been waiting for .......
with 7 days down and only 19 to go.....
Here is your seventh little gift from me to you,
Enjoy
*This gift has been opened*
note the download will be available until Dec. 7th 11:59 pm EST
And for those that missed yesterdays gift, here is what was hiding inside: 
All gifts go directly into my shoppes (both personal and at ACOT) and are available for $1 for anyone wishing to pick up any missing pieces.

For a limited time only!

And today is also Tuesday... which means a new release!! YAY!!
I was inspired by my brother on this one, as he asked for a new skateboard for Christmas, and well... I know there has to be more asking for the same :) So introducing Urbanessque!
This is on sale until Saturday for just $2!

Okay, I'm off to finish up a few gifts, and take some pictures to share with you all.
Much Love and Hugs, Until tomorrow
**And Marif, email me girl and I will fix you up from the alpha download :)



11 comments:

So~Inkin~Cute said...

Gosh! Way to go, Liz! You mad me all weepy and it's only 6 am! :) Kidding!

Your gift to your dad sounds like a great idea. I think that's a very awesome thing to do! I lost my dad recently, and I haven't toootally found myself into the whole "Holiday-swing" of things just yet. However, I told you a few days ago, that you've helped me get begin to feel the spirit. And...I really must say, thank you for that!

You are so kind, so sweet, and while although I don't "know" you, you have touched my heart.

Cheers,
Candi

So~Inkin~Cute said...

oh! And I forgot to say....where the heck do you find all the time to put together all of these beautiful gifts!?? Wow! Everything is soooo beautiful. Fabulous!!! I am so grateful!

marsie55 said...

Fabulous!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2011 ! xxx

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Dec. 07, 2010. Thanks again.

Maria said...

Thank you so much for all of the gifts you are sharing with us....and I wanted to say that your children are adorable as can be!

Chris said...

Thanks for another great gift! I think your idea of recreating a little of your mom's Christmas magic for your dad is just awesome. I'll say a little prayer for God to stretch your time and give you the strength to get it all done!

Lynna said...

Thanks so much for all your beautiful gifts! Each day is just so beautiful! :-)

fl_connie said...

What a wonderful plan for your Dad! Hope you can pull it off! I lost my dad a couple of months ago - really miss him & Mom this time of year, so to take our minds off - we've torn our house up remodeling, lol! I'm hoping to get the ceiling back up in the family room between now & the big day, lol! thanks for the prezzie!

tiggconn said...

Thank you for today's freebie! Yesterday's was gorgeous!

Rylea said...

you are such a good daughter girl.....and I am hoping it all works out as you plan for your dad as he deserves a bit of happiness in his life after all he has went thru...and it would do you good too to see him light up again, ya know? Thanks for the gits...you still the Bomb! XOXOXOXXO

Shuckclod said...

Thank you for the freebie....