Sunday, December 5, 2010

5 Days Down....20 to go!!

Ouch, ouch...oh and ouch
Yep, that is me complaining from behind the computer screen right now, and probably a little bit of Stevie complaints in there too. Why you might ask...well I might be super mommy, and she might be super monkey- But neither of us are accident proof in the least. Today proved that. 
Not the biggest of boo boos, but painful ones at least. O yes... the mighty splinter! (No we are not big babies... maybe just a little bit of one! LOL) Stevie was playing monkey, as usual through the house this evening. Most of the time she is just flipping around on the floor, doing summer saults, climbing up the door way ( don't ask, I dont know how she does it, but that girl can grab one side of the door way and climb clean to the top. ME I can't even touch the top standing under on my tippy toes)  Either way, she was in her bedroom messing around and the next thing I hear is a huge bang, and a bunch of cracking. WONDERFUL!
Stevie had flipped off the side of the bed a little too hard and her foot punched into the wall paneling. If anyone has seen the paneling type I am talking about, its the old wood kind, sort of flimsy and similiar to press wood I guess you could say. Either way, it didn't split, it shattered wood in that small little footprint area. In the process she managed to also get two splinters in her foot. That was a huge undertaking to get those out... I have never in my life felt the insane power of a 4 year old like I did tonight. She didn't want me to put the tweezers near her, no safety pin, I couldn't even use my teeth ( yes I know, gross...but I was pulling at all the straws LOL) I think I got a better workout trying to hold her down and get the splinters out, than I would have if I went to a gym for a week! 
Finally a hot glass bottle did the trick and tadda! But you can't tell her that the boo-boos all better, its still the end of the world and has 3 bandaids on it now propped up on a pillow while she sleeps LOL. 

So...how did I get mine? Well I was trying to clean up the little hole from the pieces poking outward, and jammed a splinter deep down under my nail. Is that not the worst place in the world for a splinter? Needless to say I am still trying to get it out, as its long and about a third of the way down under my nail (length wise) I gave up for a bit, because my finger started to get red and hurt :( Too bad they dont make glass bottles that small LOL.  


Thank you all again for your sweet comments, and support. I am glad my ramblings aren't too awful boring :) 
Okay, now what you all been waiting for .......
with 5 days down and only 20 to go.....
Here is your fifth little gift from me to you,
Enjoy
*Sorry This Gift Has Been Given*
note the download will be available until Dec. 5th 11:59 pm EST

And for those that missed yesterdays gift, here is what was hiding inside: 
All gifts go directly into my shoppes (both personal and at ACOT) and are available for $1 for anyone wishing to pick up any missing pieces.

For a limited time only!
  




11 comments:

tamis3angels said...

Thank you. I missed yesterday's gift by 8 minutes (darned time zone differences)These have been great gifts.

Shuckclod said...

Loving your freebies. Your blog too. Your kids are so cute, you are a very young Momma to 4. Splinters...Soak your finger until it gets wrinkles and then it should come out. You can get a blood infection, so get it out ASAP.

Cherbear said...

Thank you for the goodie. Hope you get that splinter out soon.

tiggconn said...

Beautiful! Thank you! Hope you get that splinter out before it gets infected.

Rylea said...

all I have to say is OUCH! under the nail hurts the worst. I hope it comes out soon. The longer they are in, the more is hurts. Thanks for the goodie. I have missed your work. XOXOX

Marif said...

Thanks for another gift!
And I recommend soaking too, soak the finger for a while and the splinter should come out more easily... Good luck with it!

Photographing Mom said...

Hope that splinter comes out soon!!

Thank you for the freebie! And your blog posts aren't boring at all!

jls said...

I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE this color palette.

Lynna said...

Lovely alpha gift yesterday! Thanks for sharing day 5!

So~Inkin~Cute said...

Thank you so much! Really, this is quite awesome!

Sorry to hear about your splinter nightmare. Ouchie!!! :)

cosmictadpole said...

Thank you thank you thank you for sharing your wonderful talent!!