Wednesday, December 1, 2010

2 Days down...23 to go!

First Day of December, and first real day of snow. Such a wonderful way to start getting into the holiday spirit. I am already bursting full of the spirit, so no Candi, not to early ;) And thank you, I am hoping you and yours have a wonderful holiday and congrats on the new job! And thanks Chris and Sherri, it feels most excellent to be back and blogging again. I didn't realize how much I truly missed it!

But back to the holiday chatter, everyone spends there's a little different. There are traditions that many have that they pass along from past experience and some of us adventurous types like to try new things to get something set for our own families that is just "ours". This year is my first year of advent, both here on the blog and celebrating in real life. The kids have been having a blast with it as well, and are rather anxious I do believe as they tried so very hard to convince mommy to let them open box number 2 earlier today :) I didn't know it was usually for chocolates, so no Marif I dont at all think your way of doing it is silly. I actually wish I would have thought of doing it that way! What a genius way to not only gear your little one for the big day, but put some learning fun into it as well. Roxy has been busy doing the letters at school, and has them all down pat! We are working on spelling and reading right now, and I used the fridge magnets to help make the process fun (as she seems to have the shortest attention span ever when at home LOL) I will definitely have to keep your tradition wrote down for future use on the other 3 when they are starting to learn which letter is which! Again- total genius!

Today I worked on a few Christmas gifts, they are still works in progress. I couldn't resist, the snow just put me in such the oooo creative mood I guess you could say.  The calendars are almost done though, and I should have them finished hopefully tomorrow! If I get them done I will show you, because I am sooo stinking excited on how they are coming along. I also got 2 more of my recordings done for my Christmas CD (I will share that later too ;) And all in and all it was a rather productive day.   I don't really know how best to explain it, but when its cold and frosty outside, my mind goes into overdrive. (I guess I could say the heat fries my brain LOL) 

Anywho... enough of my rambling, as its getting late and already I am looking at the clock in the corner telling me to hurry my bum up or I am going to miss my post time ;) On to day 2....
Another quick run down, for those who might be stopping for their first day here- We are doing advent currently, which means 25 days of gifts. Each gift remains available for 24 hours (true to the advent day) As soon as midnight (EST) comes along, the prior day is disabled and put into the store and a new gift made available for everyone.

with 2 days down and only 23 to go.....
Here is your second little gift from me to you, 
Enjoy
*Sorry This Gift Has Been Given*
note the download will be available until Dec. 2nd 11:59 pm EST
And for those that missed yesterday, or have yet to open  it up and see what was hiding inside- Here is what Day 1's gift was: 

I hope you all enjoy-
Hugs, and warm wishes-
Until tomorrow......




17 comments:

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [02 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Monica said...

Thank you so much!
:D

Marif said...

Thanks for day 2!!
Thanks for your comments on my idea, I'm pretty happy with it too and I have to say it was fun playing with crayons to create it!

Chris said...

I'm the opposite - I seem to be more creative in summer and warmer months. In the winter I think the longer hours of darkness make my brain want to sleep! Thanks for today's gift - off to peel off the wrapper!

Anonymous said...

Looks like we missed it. It didn't post on craft cave until 12/2. Looks cute though!

Quietangelsb said...

thanks so much for the gift!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 9 post on Dec. 02, 2010. Thanks again.

Rylea said...

Love the looks of this , thanks so very much Liz

Dannethia said...

thanks for day 2. day 1 looks very pretty to bad craft cave didn't post it till today. thanks again for day 2.

Lynna said...

Sweet gift yesterday! Thanks so much for today's gift! :-)

Lisa said...

Looks like I missed a great download yesterday. Can't wait to see what pretties are in today's. Thanks so very much!

tiggconn said...

Bummer! I missed yesterday's. Can't wait to see todays! Thanks!

So~Inkin~Cute said...

Hi Liz!! Thank you so much for today's gift! I can't wait to open it up! I loooooved yesterday's! Thank you, thank you!!!

Hugs,
Candi

tamis3angels said...

Thank you for day 2. So sad I missed yesterday's gift.

Cherbear said...

Thank you!!

KandiceD said...

Thank you very much, just love it!

idahorhodes said...

I am devastated to have missed day 1 and 2. Which shop can I get those from? THanks!