Saturday, December 18, 2010

18 Days down.... Link Fixed!!

 Last minute shopping anyone? Was that you that I bumped into in the stocking stuffer isle? Or maybe you were the one I fell behind in the grocery section by the eggs? (that being my second fall of the day!) No.... OOO You were the one I almost hit in the parking lot? 

What is it about the holidays that brings out the adrenaline nut in us all? The shopping centers are JAM PACKED! You can't find a parking place- anywhere! And when you throw snow in the mix of it all... you have some insane driving to top the cake off. I went in and got my turkey and rest of my holiday baking supplies, because I DEFINITELY do not want to be grocery shopping this coming week at any point. I thought I would be dodging the last minute shopping bullet, but apparently half the area also felt the need to shop in advance. At least I can check that part off the list, with just a week to go! 

I do however have to go out shopping one more time- that will be Saturday late night/Sunday early morning. This is the one shopping trip each year that I absolutely love and dread in the same breath. Dad's last minute complete procrastination shopping spree. Each year since I was 12 we have done this for Christmas, just me and him. However this year I am making him go a bit earlier than usual. (Usually he is dragging me out 2 days before Christmas or even on the Eve to go do ALL his shopping)  Needless to say, he has no shopping done. And he is as good as clueless on gift giving, well- I do give him credit, he is a man after all LOL. But I go with him to ensure he isn't loading everyone up with stuff to take back to the stores the next day due to wrong sizes and already having it. I'm preparing myself with the walking shoes now... last year was 8 hours

And I am hoping that I find a heating pad to hide under my pants too- as my butt is still sore as the dickens. 
And do you have any clue how hard it is to clean baby oil up off a tile floor?
Dallas and Stevie got the bottle out of the bathroom today and decided to make a skating rink while Stevie was "supposed to be pottying" Needless to say when Dallas came out slicker than snot on a doorknob, and smelling so dang baby sweet I knew something was up. I sat him down on the coffee table and went in to find out. Hmmmm.... Should have totally thought that one out before turning the corner to fast. 

I found out however that it does indeed make an EXCELLENT skating rink, and that your butt can bruise if you slide across the floor hard enough into the toilet seat.


Okay, now what you all been waiting for .......
with 18 days down and only 7 to go.....
Here is your eighteenth little gift from me to you,
Enjoy
 *Sorry this gift has been opened*
note the download will be available until Dec. 18th 11:59 pm EST
 


And for those that missed yesterdays gift, here is what was hiding inside:
All gifts go directly into my shoppes (both personal and at ACOT) and are available for $1 for anyone wishing to pick up any missing pieces.

For a limited time only!

Also I took pictures of my gifts so far, but have my calendars drying as I type- So those will all come tomorrow's post :) 







20 comments:

Rylea said...

I know it was not funny, but I laughed until I nearly peed my pants Liz....what your kids come up with cracks me up so and I so needed to laugh this hard today. Been one of them days......and I do hope you are ok. I really do......hope it does not bruise to bad, And hope your shopping day goes well with your dad. And oh! your link is not working love....thanks ever so much. So love your kits, always have and always will.

Nydia said...

Hi Liz! I love to read your stories... have you ever thought abiout writing? Anyway, thanks for all your gifts! But today's link is not working... ;(

Mia said...

Oh, I hope that your bum feels better soon. Thank you for the wonderful satire.

Shuckclod said...

Thank you for another wonderful freebie. Try powdered oxy with a little water to remove the oil. That stuff works on just about everything. I was none of those people. I live in the sticks in CA. It is pouring rain, but we don't get snow. Have a safe shopping trip tonight.

Rebecca said...

Thank you honey! Yeah, I still need to do almost all my shopping. So if you see a woman frantically trying to find cheap gifts for 7 kids on Christmas Eve, that would likely be me! :)

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

Hello sweet girl! I am slowly making an attempt to resurface once again!

ROFL! Skating rink is right! Baby oil is about some of the slickest stuff I've every handled! LOL!

First thing that came to mind for clean up is cornstarch or something along that line. Or, just good 'ol hot soapy water.

I have a confession to make. I've not been away from home for a good month or better and have actually accomplished ALL of my Christmas shopping online this year! PHEW! No stress, except that of spending more than I anticipated! Ha, ha!

I will try to catch up as best I can before Christmas darlin', but have some serious Photoshoppin' to do before the BIG day as well as getting my cards in the mail by Monday, along with a few gifts and finishing up the trims around here.

I think it is SO wonderful that you and your dad still go out every year. SO very special Liz and a tradition that can be passed on to your precious babes!

Thank you for the pretties and ... uhm ... "I" didn't do it! He, he ...

Have a GORGEOUS weekend, FAB time with your dad and hope you are able to conquer the skating rink ... OH, and NO more falling over there! *wink*

Love and hugs,
Linda :D

Marif said...

Why don't you ask your husband to rub your sore spot... lol!
Good luck with the shopping spree with your dad, you're so sweet to help him out so much.
Today I'm expecting 30 people in my basement for my son's birthday party, and I know you of all people can understand what that means... I'm freaking out just a little.
Anyways, thanks so much for the gift, yeaterday's is gorgeous, especially that glittery hand-print. Can't wait to see what today's is.

Monica said...

Oh poor thing!! Hope you are better soon...
Thanks!!
:D

lawyerlyn said...

hope you'll feel better soon. thanks for the freebie!

marsie55 said...

Oh oh .. kids are always up to no good when they are quiet / or overly loud!!! Sorry you hurt yourself (but must confess to having a giggle ... I always laugh at the slapstick comedy!!) Thanks so much for another beautiful gift! xxx

Jennifer (bienejen) said...

Liz thank you so much for all these AWESOME freebies!! I wish I had found these on day 1, but I'm still thrilled with what I've downloaded so far over the past few days. It is SOOO generous you to give these away!
Good luck with your shopping tonight. I usually end up doing my dad's shopping, but usually just presents for my mom. Unfortunately, I think I'll be heading out in this sea of craziness in the next few days, too!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for all of your goodies this month. :-) It's so generous of you.

So~Inkin~Cute said...

you are so funny and so sweet!

thank you so much for all you do!!!

Hugs,
Candi

Patti said...

OUCH! Beware of those little voices behind closed doors saying. Go away, we're busy!!

Thank you for freebie!

Patti

tiggconn said...

Thank you :)

tiggconn said...

Thank you :)

Cherbear said...

Thank you!

fl_connie said...

Thanks for more pretties - hope you have fun (?) on your shopping trip with your dad. I'm sure it's special - and you will always treasure the memories!

Ouch!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [19 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Crystalnva said...

THANK YOU ;~}