Friday, December 10, 2010

11 Days Down....

Well, I am a little later than Saturday morning to edit, but then again I am a little late to wake today too. We took the holiday getting ready to the higher level and did a total "spring clean" on dad's house. From top to bottom scrub down, shampoo, organizing ect.. With just 3 guys living there (2 of which are teen boys) It was in need for those things that the boys tend to overlook, and I hadn't had the time to put that much detail into the cleaning. Either way- Its done and dad is rather happy. The rooms all got makeovers, and furniture moved around and the decor fixed up. FINALLY a little woman touch ;) LOL


I was done with that around 11, and was on my way home when I got to find out how many monkeys it takes to get a doughnut. The answer would be 3, plus 1 hot cocoa, 2 trips to town and 3 frozen bums!


In the attempt to swerve from a deer (as right now those suckers are just crawling all over the streets) I managed to hit a huge pothole entirely too hard. Needless to say the tire popped off the rim, and there I was at 12 at night in the cold, needing to change it. Tire change- Piece of cake ;) HAHAHAHA So the entire area where I just happened to hit, was incline. No matter how you tossed it- it was downhill area, so there was no level ground.  Well that's the worst place to be to change a tire, but there wasn't much choice unless I wanted to run on the rim for about a mile to get away from the rolling hills and turns.  


Either way, get out the jack (van provided one) and find the spare (under carriage) and get the van up enough to get the flat tire off. Making progress- WAHOO! But it is the first time I have ever had to change the tire on this van, and I haven't the slightest how to get it down, except seeing the nut holding it is not budging. So I call my brother who shows up with a friend. They are under the van banging away with a hammer on this thing trying to get the tire loose. Then my light bulb clicked, only after a half hour of doing this in the cold- There has to be a thing to lower it down. TADDA- there is!!!


So, get the doughnut down, and go to raise the van a little higher to put it on. Donald put the bad tire under the van, but not far enough. And there she goes.... the van slipped off the jack. So try 2, this time the van slips again, and buckles the jack under it and completely bends it in half. GREAT! Now we drive to my dads house to get his jack (a much better one) Stop and get some coccoa and coffee, as now its working on 1:30 in the morning and our butts are frozen from sitting on the snow. Either way, new jack , better jack and guess what- It slips too... What luck huh? Only this didn't make the jack buckle, only made it get stuck under the chassy. 


So now...time to push.... pop the van in neutral and give her a push get the jack to finally come free from underneath, only problem- Now we are at a worse incline then we started at.  So we inched it... jacked it up a little in the back, slide the tire under and slowly moved forward. Needless to say, we finally found success at 3:30 in the morning. Never in my life have I had to sit and lay on the snow covered ground for so long... Is it possible to get frost bit on the tush? LOL- I just know it took about a half hour after getting home to finally get a little feeling again! LOL Note to readers, ride the rim if you have to... but don't ever change a tire on uneven grounds. Its not easy and DEFINITELY a pain LOL. 


Okay, yesterday we had a little wish list question- and the randomizer has chosen a winner :)
wahoolady said...
Wow! You're definitely spoiling us. Thanks so much for all the goodies you've given out. Jokes on You would be my pick - it just makes me smile! Thanks again


Congrats to you girl! Please email me at sweetdigiscraps AT yahoo DOT com with the subject wish list win, and I will get you your gift!

Okay, now what you all been waiting for .......
with 11 days down and only 1 to go.....
Here is your tenth little gift from me to you,
Enjoy
 *Sorry this gift has been opened*
note the download will be available until Dec. 11th 11:59 pm EST

 And for those that missed yesterdays gift, here is what was hiding inside:
All gifts go directly into my shoppes (both personal and at ACOT) and are available for $1 for anyone wishing to pick up any missing pieces.

For a limited time only!





11 comments:

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [11 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

marsie55 said...

Fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, and a wonderful 2011! xxx

Rylea said...

Thank You so much and have a great weekend

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Dec. 11, 2010. Thanks again.

Photographing Mom said...

Thank you and have a wonderful time with your family!!

Monica said...

Thank you very much!!
:D

So~Inkin~Cute said...

This is an auto comment I set up yesterday to post today. So thank you for whatever it is we're getting. :)

HAHAHA! Juuuust KIDDING!

Thank you so much, Liz! I cannot tell you how happy your blog makes me. You're such a sweetheart!

hugs,
Candi

Marif said...

THANKS!! I don't know how to say it anymore, so many gifts!!!

myrrhmaid319 said...

Thank-you so much from one who changed three flat tires on three different vehicles in one day!! Happy Holidays!LOL

tiggconn said...

Thank you! :)

BeachBaby said...

Thank you.