Tuesday, November 30, 2010

1 Day down...24 to go!

The countdown for Christmas is on! Is it just me, or did this year fly by entirely too fast? I guess its something that I have learned happens with age. As a kid, the time never seems to go by fast enough. The longing and waiting for Christmas seems like it never ever ends. I could remember making my lists as a kid in July waiting and wishing for snow ( I am not really a big fan of the heat- never have been ) But now it seems I am just wrapping up things that happened in July and already its time to scramble for holidays. 

The kids have made sure to make the lists ever growing for me. I am pretty sure everyday adds a new item that I have never heard of or even thought about before. The top of the list this year was choo choos (for bub) as he is now obsessing over trains and also rrrrrrreeeerrrrrs (which is bubba talk for planes) And the girls are the Zhu Zhus. Heck of a name for toy hamsters. The plus side to those however as opposed to the real ones- A- no cages to clean, B- no furry funerals due to the pet cats C- no worried mommy freaking out when she goes to feed the thing and sees it is no longer in the cage but instead wandering somewhere in the house. I'm guessing the person that came up with the idea for the Zhu Zhu, was definitely a mom that had lost far to many in her home! LOL

Speaking of Gifts...are you ready for one? How about 30+? Yea, well me too :) Each year since I have been designing I have done the 12 days of Christmas on my blog here. A little extra something to say thank you to those who follow and have supported Sweet Digi Scraps throughout the year.  HOWEVER, this year I am doing a little something extra. We are going to add advent to the list of holiday events this year, because I am in a countdown kind of mood for this holiday. 

So here is a quick run down of how this will work- Each day at midnight EST (Because this is when the day turns over for me) I will post a new gift for you all to have. It will be available for 24 HOURS to download, as soon as the 24 hours is up, the day will be disabled- put into the store and a new gift will be made available. Each day will be a complete surprise (because well... that's the best part of opening up your Christmas gifts isn't it? The anticipation of what might be inside?- For me it is :) On Christmas day there will be 2 gifts made available. (one for the end of advent, and one for the start of the 12 days) 

So are you ready?....... Let the countdown begin- 
with 1 day down and only 24 to go.....
Here is your first little gift from me to you, 
Enjoy
*Sorry Day 1 has expired*
note the download will be available until Dec. 1st 11:59 pm EST


I hope you all enjoy today's gift! Much love and hugs,
Until tomorrow.......




16 comments:

Rylea said...

Thank You so much Liz....Love your big heart and your gifts.

priss (Umeboshi) said...

thank you for sharing! I wish you all the best!

Chris said...

Good to see you back!! Thanks for the sweet giftie!

Brenda said...

Thanks so much for the gifts!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea! Thank you for sharing your time and talent with us!!!

Cherbear said...

Thank you!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 8 post on Dec. 01, 2010. Thanks again.

Marif said...

Thank you so much!! It sounds great and I'll make sure not to close my tab so I can remember to get them all!!
You might laugh at what I'm doing for the advent for my almost 3 year old son. Instead of chocolate (cause, yeah...we don't need any more energy), everyday I'm giving him a letter of the alphabet to stick on a page where I wrote the letter and drew a pic of a word with that letter. By Christmas he'll have his very own alphabet!

So~Inkin~Cute said...

Liz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo, sooooo, soooo excited to see you! It's been awhile! :)

This is so super cool of you to do! I am a huge fan of yours and I have been for a LONG time. Now I may not have been able to shop a whole lot this past year, but that's only because I was unemployed... (operative word = WAS!!) I am sooooo working again and I love my job! I cannot wait to see what you have up your sleeve!

You are awesome and I am so happy to "see" you!!!!

Happy Holidays! OMG...that's the FIRST time I have said that this year. Is it too early??? Nah!!! I don't think so. At least I waited until it was December! hehehe!

Hugs,
Candi

Anonymous said...

Wow! Gorgeous!

Monica said...

Thanks!!
:D

Lynna said...

Thanks so much!

fl_connie said...

Thanks so much!

cosmictadpole said...

Thank you so much for this generous freebie!!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [02 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

KandiceD said...

Thank you so much for the gift...unfortunately my file is corrupt, apparently I only dl 4722 btyes of it. I shouldn't wait tto the next day to open things....I guess I learnt my lesson...sniff sniff.