Sunday, May 17, 2009

YAY!!!

Did ya see it??? DID YA?? Well I made it on to round 3 of the contest over at DSA. I am soo stinking excited, So much so that as soon as the next challenge was announced- I started on it :)

And guess what... I AM DONE!

Joe was sooo nice today and took the girls out to play and gave me work time. (Well that and I made a deal with him that if he did it for me, I would let him read my diary entries from our first dates :)

Why would I do that??? Um well.. cuz this weeks challenge was to take a Beatles song and use it for inspiration in a kit. Well... I was already crusing with the Beatles groove, seeing as I had already used one of thier songs for my last weeks entry. So while jamming around the house cleaning up one of their songs came on and just clicked in my head and the wheels started spinning.

*please excuse as I dip into the gutter for a minute here*

But the song that struck my mojo (no pun intended) was "Why Dont We Do It In The Road"And yes... I started going down memory lane to when me and Joe were freshly dating and going to our "parking spot" way out in the country down Foster Lane. And it struck me... Why not do a kit to scrap those memories.



So I put the song to work through a kit with a fun fresh color pallete all about the days when you would go out on dates, go parking, or just go for those endless road trips just for fun!

Check it out:



*Why Don't We*


You can click on the preview to head on over to thier gallery and download this kit.

Thank you so much everyone for all the support and encouragement through this contest, It has been seriously stiff competition and really challenging.

This week another 20 people will get cut from the contest.. and then it will be up to the public to vote for the winner of round 4... So wish me tons of luck :)

7 comments:

KayJay said...

WOW you are QUICK!! Love the song you chose and the kit is great, although I am not going to scrap the ex-boyfriend, that I used to go "parking" with... hihi!
But I don't doubt that I'll find pics to go with this GREAT kit!
Good luck for this round, although I am sure you will go sailing through to the last round!
Hugs
Kerri

Christina said...

I love your story behind the kit! I can't believe you created it so fast! I love the colors, can't wait to use it!

Danyale said...

Oh, I just love those ole' parkin days!!!!!!! your kit cracks me up, that darn cassette, reminds of the "mix" tapes we used to make...hahahaha. I can't wait to play with this one...the chrome autos are fabulous, and the alpha!!!! You rocked this.... crazy versatility. I will post it at my blog and get on some layouts, chick! Glad you had a great break and a trip down memeory lane (and tell Joe thanks for the mojo...we appreciate it too, lol)!

Amanda said...

HAHAHA! I love your kit Liz!

amber said...

I have seriously been LOVING your kits so far! The contest is how I found you, so you can bet I'll be cheering you on!! :D

tricertifiedx2 said...

You are ROCKIN IT again girl!!! The MOJO is Definately there!! I am catching up slowly but surely. Will try and keep up girl. LOVE, LOVE all the kits that you have been putting out...of course. Going to work on getting some LO's out for you. Much LOVE to ya!!!

physioscrapper said...

Fabulous kits Liz! Have to love those Beatles! What a super surprise your hubby gave you, and I bet the girls were ecstatic about all the family time...(I know how our boys used to and still do love it!) We actually got away for a week and did some family visiting too...so much fun!
Anyway, glad to see the MOJO rocking full force! Awesome work!