Wednesday, October 29, 2008

O so last minute

Thank you all for the advice on my finger sucking problem here with miss Roxy. I had tried the socks before and gloves.. but she had taken them off in the night :( BUT.. Today the rest of the nail ripped off and it has left a well... as Roxy so blantly calls it a "bad boo-boo" And suprisingly enough... I think its going to work! She is babying her finger very much and not wanting me to look at it or doctor it (although after much wrestling I did manage a bandaid and neosporian a few times) And tonight she hasn't once put her fingers in her mouth. I think the pain of it is enough she doesn't want to mess with it, and if it lasts long enough it might very well break the habit. (If not the tape is my next step after it heals)
So Why the last minute then? Well tomorrow evening is trick or treat for our town. So I got the costumes out and was doing a dress rehearsal. When we bought them 2 weeks back we didn't figure in the fact that it was going to drop down below 50 degrees (since then it was 70). So I had to figure out how to dress them warm underneath or overtop these messy princess dresses (you know the big puffy Disney princess ones) Yeah well while putting the Aurora (sleeping beauty) over top of Roxy's turtle neck the meshing ripped on the sleeves.. WOOPS. Then we tried Cinderella on Anastasia-- yeah well its a little tooo long on her short little leggies and tucking and pinning- I put a nice snag in the back of it. Okay so on to miss Ariel (stevie) HAHAHA- That was like putting a huge mommy shirt on her. So it was off to the store this evening for last minute WARM fixes for costumes.
Do you know the slim pickings for last minute people?? LMAO Either way.. so I came out with fairy wings, head bands with anteneas, glitter spray, plain sweaters to match their wings and cute little Mary Jane knock off shoes for only 4 bucks a pair for each of them. I have sprayed the shoes down with glitter paint- Waiting on those to dry... And the wings are just perfect to stretch over their sweaters to keep them nice and toasty warm tomorrow. I know it will take a little more work in the make up and hair department for them to feel like pixies.. but They loved them!! Especially since we just got them Tinkerbell the Movie yesterday and it has been watched 4 times already. LMAO I can't wait to see the girls all faired up tomorrow. And I guess the princess costumes will just wait til next year.
Okay So onto the goodies for tonight :) I have yet another part of Wall Flower for you all. I want to thank each of you for your warm comments on this kit. I have really had tons of fun doing something a bit more girly and retro-y.
~*~Sorry Link Has expired~*~


And here is a layout I did with the kit and with Colies brand new blog template freebie she has put up for everyone to snag :) Its one of the pictures from the girls day we had the other day. Me and Miss Stevie Rae.

Okay until tomorrow..
OO and if you see a clue somewhere- I will give you more details on that tomorrow too. YOU WONT WANT TO MISS IT!!!!
Much Love and Thanks


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

great colors and freebie. thank you.

shelly c said...

Thank you, this is a lovely kit!

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 29 Oct [LA 09:00pm, NY 11:00pm] - 30 Oct [UK 04:00am, OZ 03:00pm] ).

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much. Happy Halloween (one day early)!

tricertifiedx2 said...

Just wanted to tell you Thanks again for the great kit. You ROCK girl!! Have fun with the Trick or Treating....we are going tonight. Hoping to get some good pic's....and be up late scrapping...lol. Stay warm and I can't wait to see those cute pixie faries!! Blessings!!!

eve said...

thank you for the freebie!! i grabbed all three parts :)

Intense Magic said...

Thanks, Liz!!! Lovin' the kit! You are amazing!