Friday, April 25, 2008

FOREVER AND A DAY!!!

Well, At least that is what it feels like to me. I know I haven't blogged lately- I have just been slammed with so much stuff going on! :) But all great things. If you have been by the site, you will see it has just been popping lately. Already we have 31 quick pages in our exchange- Which I am previewing tonight to start off to give an idea of what is coming to all the fabulous scrappers participating. They have all done an awesome job, I am LOVING the album that is being created. So amazingly creative ladies for sure.

I have been busy getting some designs ready for National Scrapbooking Day- (May 3rd) So even though I haven't shown a new design lately- Dont worry- they are still coming along. I will be releasing a HUGE scrappers delight bag for NSD. Right now there are 2 kits and 2 elements packs for it, and more to come :) I am too getting a designers delight bag ready as well. So LOTS of new things soon to come.

With Spring here now, I have been outside with the girls for majority of my "freetime" during the days and LOVING it. They are absolutely a BLAST to play with. Joe bought me flowers a little while back and the girls now have the concept that EVERY flower is mommy's flower and have been picking everyone they can get there hands on and giving to me. The other day I came home and my desk was covered in dandelions. It was sooo sweet. And All they kept telling me was "I pick a mommy flower" I will DEFINITELY be scrapping that soon. I have just the kit too for em- If you haven't see Linda's fabulous Saturday in the Park- you Have got to check it out . It is going to be perfect for the girls "mommy flowers" moments.

Now aside from playing with the girls I have been running around with my dad alot lately, as he is getting more testing done for his heart and back. He has had back troubles and intense pain since before I can remember and just recently by chance we found the doctor who seems to be the cure he has been looking for for a long time. He (my dad) is going through a series right now called medial branch blocking. He has a few more tests to go through but providing everything goes smooth and as planned. He should be looking at being pain free for the most part for the first time in at least 25 years. I am super excited and nervous at the same time. And I know he is as well.

BUT... Of course during those long waiting room times- I took the opurtunity to not only get some designing done but some layouts as well. Colie has me on the kick now- She put the fire under my bum so to speak with her ABC challenge and I am hooked on getting it done now. I am using the first go round to do my All About Me album so that when I am long gone the girls can look back and read exactly who I was, what I did, where I came from and all that stuff. Well, I have my A and B pages up at BTST, and then decided- What the heck- I will do my C and D pages too. Well, they both turned out as double page layouts. My first ever- I was sooo excited to try and well- I think I LOVE doing em- So dont be suprised if every layout I now do covers 2 pages :) Either way here are my C and D layouts.
C stands for my creative side, and the ways that I now express it through photography and graphic design.
Credits: Paper, frames, journaling tab from
Alpha, paint splatter, and felt circles all recolored from Ellie Lash
Flourish from Anges at LDD
D is for Drama, I was HUGE in theatre in school, and it was my intended major for college. I LOVE LOVE the stage and every part of working on it. I still do community theatre here and there when time allows, but would love so much to get back into it full time. It is and always will be my true calling.
Credits: Alpha made by Me for this as well as the masks recolored from my Popcorn and a Movie
Entire layout done using the Grateful 4 U Ct Appreciation collab.
Okay I think that is it for now, I will be back tomorrow- Cuz I HAVE to show you the QP previews!! And well.... I might be able to tell ya some exciting news too ;)

3 comments:

Cra-Z-cat said...

ur pages are faboulous.. this will be a wonderful memory for ur children. keep it going!!!

KayJay said...

Hi Liz,
love the "pick mommy a flower" story. My boys have been helping me weed the dandelions, so no flowers for mummy here!
those Layouts are too beautiful. Your girls are going to get a great book about you! And we in the process get to know you a little bit more!
I am loving it at BTST by the way! and now I am intrigued to find out about your exciting news!
Take care
Hugs
Kerri

tricertifiedx2 said...

Wow, seems I have missed out on some with my busy weekend. Jordan did that for me once...when she brought them into the house I had one of the worst allergic reactions so now she knows she can pick them and show me the flowers but they can't stay in the house or I will be a miserable mommy for a while. It's funny now looking back on it. Love your BOM LO's, I can't decide on one theme so I will probably be all over the place in my LO's for a while for that challenge. So now that I have made it through my BIG weekend maybe I will get a little time to do some LO's of my own....Ya think??? Hope everything else is going well, I hope to be posting some pic's and stuff in the next couple of days from the big shindig. Take care and Blessings to you!!!