Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Part 4 is here-

If you read my previous post, you know that I went with the whole family to the memorial services for Veteran's Day. It wasn't as cold as I thought it would be, and I got the most warming sensations ever for my heart. During the services the girls were good as could be, keeping their chatter down and not really being to wiggly- I am sure you know what I am talking about moms and dads- The services where long, and of course the speaker had the robotic voice that could put anyone to sleep, but it didn't get to the girls. But that is not what was heart warming, During the 21 gun salute, I get choked up every time as it reminds me of my grandfather's funeral and one of the reason I am an American. Well during Taps as I was tearing up, Little Roxy leaned over to me and pulled on my shirt.. "Mommy, you okay?" she whispered. I smiled, there was nothing that could keep me from grinning ear to ear. I bent down and said, "Yes honey, I am okay" and she proceeded to whip a tear from my eye. I picked her up, just as Taps was finishing and the Star Spangled Banner was beginning- She put her hand on her chest just like Mommy, and said, "I sing too.." and tried her hardest to keep up with the words and beat, I sang along with her to help her out and when Mommy did, Miss Ana chimed in with her best attempt.
As the services ended and we were gathering up our things to go home, One of the color guard gentlemen walked over to The girls and gave them each a piece of candy and said "Thank you girls for your beautiful song" looked at me and said, "It reminded me why we fought to begin with". I walked away a mile high, proud of my girls for their respect and sweetness.
And whether you are American or not, I am sure you understand my pride in my children for their respect to our countries heroes. As you would be for yours as well.
Okay, Now that I have teared up again, I pass along the warming feeling to you as well. Ice Hot Lemonade part 4 is today's freebie.
Click on Preview for Download

And Colie has a great QP on her blog today- but hurry over as her's last just for the next 48 hours- And its awesome!
Until tomorrow- Happy Scrapping- ♥♥♥

6 comments:

makeyesup said...

this kit is such a cheerful one that I really love it, thanks so very much.

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

Just what I needed to brighten my days!!!!
Your 4th part & the story of your sweet little ones!!!!
HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CraZcat said...

sweet story today.. brought tears to my eyes too.. congrats to u for raising such fine young girls..

thanks for the additional part of ur bright kit!!

btw.. i posted a page on SBF that i used ur "sweet versatility" kit.. you can check it out here:
http://www.scrapbookflair.com/CraZcat3835/My_Nieces_Wedding_Album_2/page4
feel free to share it on ur blog(i'd be honored).. other designer credits for elements are listed in design credits on the site..

Judys scraps said...

Liz, you made me tear up..I am a vet, and what you wrote was special...love you Judy

leanne said...

as a mom of a sweet boy, i DO understand, and your story brought tears to my eyes... thanks for sharing - your story and your creative work :)

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com